Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
New 2006 Corolla LE owner
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long do the headlights last and do they both burn out at once? Also how long do the heater control, etc lights last and do I ever have to worry about my speedometer, tach, etc lights burning out?

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
It depends how much you use them. I recently had to replace the headlight bulbs in my '99 F-150. 7 years and 120,000 miles.

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
that is a hard one to answer because it can be different for every car. MY 94 Cmary I ahve had to replace several marker and turn signal bulbs. I am not sure about the headlights since I bought it used. They may have been replaced at one point or another. However my 97 Corolla I had to change one low beam headlight out when the car was about 5 years old and had probably 120K miles on it. Then I had to replace the other about 6 months later. I never replaced any fuses and replaced one marker light. NO turn signals or brake lights. I had the car for 7 years and it had 175K miles on it when I got rid of it. As for fuses. Technically they probably shouldnt be replaced unless there isa short of some kind that is going to cause them to burn out. I dont think I ever replaced a fuse on my Corolla. It is likely that over time they could deteriorate to the point where they would not work but I would thin this would be many years before that happened. Since they re basically jsut a metal strip encased in plastic.

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,122 Posts
i've replaced my headlights countless times but never the headlight fuses. it's hard to tell really if it dies it dies

·
Midship Captain
1991 MR2 Turbo
1,647 Posts
Well Dash lights (Gauges, radio, Clock, HVAC) in recent years in most cars are being lit by LED's. LED's last usually between 150,000 hours and 250,000 hours depending on type. If u think about it that is a long long time because if u are in the car at nite with ur lights on you dont always have them on (when u leave the car etc.) maybe they are on for 2-4 hours tops... if they lights were on every nite for 4 hours at a time it would take 136.986 years to burn out every one of those LED's in the dash.

Older cars use Bulbs, and those can burn out anytime. It all depends on the manufacturing quality.

As for fuses.......Fuses never wear out as long as they are not subjected to loads that come close to thier breaking threashold (i.e: putting 14.9 Amps through a 15 amp fuse can weaken it). Fuses can last forever all a fuse is really is a thin strip of metal going to 2 contacts and surrounded by plastic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.