Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Go camry goooooo
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seeing how loyal everyone is to there Camry out there

So how long has the Camry been in your possesion and how long do you plan on keeping it for

I have had my Gen 4, for a little over 2 years now, and might be selling it in a year or in three years once i graduate from college

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
i got my solara a month and a bit ago, prob gonna have it for a long time unless i find a killer deal on somthin better, like a mkiv, ha, i wish

·
Idon't brag I mostlyboast
MTA MetroCard
5,951 Posts
21 months, 50,106 miles on it since then. It's gonna get replaced by a 4Runner or Tacoma V6 (the eclipse GSX idea is gone) and a 2-door V6 Gen 3 will follow soonafter.

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
If it's loyalty you're looking for, I win.

Parents owned a gen2 and drove it for a good 10yrs without a single problem. I bought a gen3 about 6 yrs ago and passed it onto my mom after a tranny rebuild. I bought a Gen4 about 3 yrs ago. Dad trade the gen2 for a gen5 last yr. We bought a gen4.5 for my bro last spring. Confused :D

My driveway presently consists of a gen3, 4, 4.5 and 5. Our family loves their Camrys :cool:

·
Registered
399 Posts
My grandfather bought my gen 3 on my 12th birthday. We bought it new from Berkeley toyota as an auto I4, and it is now in my possession after the engine swap, tranny swap, and blower. I don't plan to let it go, and will keep fighting to keep it running. Who wants a new car anyway? I would rather put another 1mz in if the current one blows.

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
I've owned mine for 2 years now and I still love it:D Although it lacks power under the the Hood:mad:

·
So.Cal 99 camry
418 Posts
got my camry back in 1999 with .5 miles on it and have it ever since not even close to thinkin about selling it!
done so much work to that car it'd be a waste to sell it

wowsers.. that's bout 5 years with my car.. and it's still running strong! whoo hoo! :thumbsup:

·
slowamatic noob
1996 Toyota Camry
3,857 Posts
owned my 1994 camry with 75k miles since 2001, and i plan on keeping it for as long as i can... :thumbsup:

·
Professional TN browser
42 Posts
my grandfather purchased the camry brand new back in 93 then passed on to me in 02 and ive loved it for 2 yrs then my mother bought gen 4 and has hers and well grandparents bought a gen 5 last year and grandfather drives a 97 tacoma and aunt in her 98 sienna with the rugrats so our family really really loves r toyota's :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
We had our Gen 3 for around 3 yrs now. I think we will keep it for about another 3 yrs. Then after that we might probably sell it and upgrade to a newer Camry Or Solara:)

·
Diablo
05 Altima SER+93 Cam
353 Posts
I've had my 93 LE for 6 months now and as we speak the odometer reads 222,223 miles. I plan on keeping it for the next 3-4 years especially since my new car is a lemon and will be getting sold before the end of July. My Camry has 0 problems and I love it to death !!!! :cool:

·
Fooly Sik RE!!!
318 Posts
people that buy camrys will most likely buy more camrys. ive had my car since i could drive, bout 3 years. i plan on keepin it untill for at least 3 years more. untill i prob get some crazy turbo sports car!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Had my camry for three years, it goes up for auction tomarrow :(

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
i got mines for about a month now at 76k. I love the car even though it has little minor problems. I would like to either give the car to my mom in about 8-12 months pending i have enough money by then to get something a little more my type maybe a scion, i do love the engine but just a camry doesn't suit me well at this point. But when it comes down to getting a new car i think i might find it hard to part with my camry.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts