Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just reinstalled the oil pan in my 94 Camry 4 cyl. I used the Permatext Ultra Grey which seems to be best replacement for the Toyota FIPG. According to the instruction, the gasket completely cures in 24 hours.

Does that mean I cannot put in oil and start the engine for 24 hours?

Is that the same with the Toyota FIPG?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I've never had a problem after an hour of so with Permatex. I usually check by poking the excess that squeezes out. If it indents, and does not spring back, it's too early (it's just "skinned" over), if it springs back, you're usually good to go.

·
イリジウム
14,760 Posts
No shop can wait 24 hours before returning the car to the customer, but OP will get better results the longer he can wait. The instruction on the website also says for better results wait overnight, I suppose the most of the full strength develops after several hours.

However, if OP needs to use the car, after several hours already it's ok to drive off. Permatex RTVs are excellent and hold up well.

·
mixed bag 'o vehicles
2,932 Posts
i usually wrench on cars at night, so last time i did my oil pan gasket i let it dry overnight and filled it in the morning.

·
I like Toyota's
88 Supra
33 Posts
I use this stuff almost everyday, its awesome. I've never waited at all, and have never had any issues. Even when doing water pumps, no need. Slap the pump on, fill it up. Almost unbelievable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.