Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Platinum Shift Customs
556 Posts
Me personally - I will wait till a car in the same class as the 350z or the rx-8 comes out - then that will be the car i purchase

Jeff

·
Registered
170 Posts
I intend to purchase a Tc. I plan to wait at least 6 months from the Michigan release date of June. I figure this will give Toyota some time to work out any initial quality issues. Also, I intend to purchase the supercharger.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If my testdrive (whenever they make it to my part of Virginia) goes as well as I hope, then I'll definitely be a tC owner.

I'd like to wait a year, as well, for the bugs to be dealt with...but I really need a new car now and don't want to buy some sort of "temporary car."

·
Registered
110 Posts
LoopyLady_1 said:

I'd like to wait a year, as well, for the bugs to be dealt with...but I really need a new car now and don't want to buy some sort of "temporary car."
I am in the same boat as you. I really want to wait a year, but a temporary car does not make since for me. Here is hoping that the tC has a good first model year.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
^i agree with both

I never really trust the first year of cars. Always have minor problems. Like wiring and what not. I'm seriously considering droping my gen3 camry for a tC in a way its the same car, same engine and all, just a little more style. And supercharger is a must. My camry is quick but not as quick as i would like it.

·
So.Cal 99 camry
418 Posts
i'm probably gonna get one to share with the girl friend next year a daily
if nothing else comes out around that price range!Tc is what i'm getting..

and that's right the super charger is a must.. i'd get bare minimum with the car no accessories just the Super Charger maybe the trd exhaust at most... the strut bar too, huh..
damn it!
fixing up cars is an addiction!

·
I hate 5SFEs
1993 MR2 - V6
61 Posts
bowlofturtle said:
^i agree with both

I never really trust the first year of cars. Always have minor problems. Like wiring and what not. I'm seriously considering droping my gen3 camry for a tC in a way its the same car, same engine and all, just a little more style. And supercharger is a must. My camry is quick but not as quick as i would like it.
I don't think the Scion tC is using a 5SFE.. :confused:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'll wait.

Hell, I'll wait 5 years and get a RX-8 Turbo ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I never really trust the first year of cars. Always have minor problems. Like wiring and what not.
Well, my hope is that since the tC seems to be sort of a "cut and paste" car from other Toyotas....maybe the tried and tested parts will work just as well when they are mixed in the new format.

Worst case...I get the car...it has issues, and I trade it in sometime later for a new and improved tC. ;)

·
So.Cal 99 camry
418 Posts
LoopyLady_1 said:
Well, my hope is that since the tC seems to be sort of a "cut and paste" car from other Toyotas....maybe the tried and tested parts will work just as well when they are mixed in the new format.

Worst case...I get the car...it has issues, and I trade it in sometime later for a new and improved tC. ;)
there's warrantys no need to trade it in ..toyota should fix anything that wrong with the car for free.. especially if they know about it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My first post here and my first new car. My Flint Mica tC will be here between now and July 3rd. Already paid for. As soon as i get it i'll post pics. I'm sure some one else will have one first but oh well. I am stocked. Now, if only i could find the service manual for it :)

·
Resident slacker
2015 Highlander
559 Posts
Indeed! Love that color. :)

·
Scion tC '05
5 Posts
how ironic.. i just got a nice approval from my insurance company
for a new car purchase.. and luckily there's 3 scion dealerships
within my vicinity.. gonna head out later today and talk shop.

*UPDATE* well i went down and got my tC on order.. there was
one in stock but unfortunately it was an auto/transmission and
i wasn't gonna have that.

hopefully i won't have to wait to long (anywhere from 2-6 weeks
for it to be delivered).. i decided to go with the Silver Streak Mica,
i'm happy about the purchase :D

1 - 20 of 58 Posts