Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys... how many km's can you squeez out of a full tank of gas? yesterday i think i did just under 500km and if u were sitting at my position, the needle would be right on the most bottom edge of "E". kinda scary driving it to that point...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i find that my 3 month old Matrix is almost like a gas guzzler sometimes. maybe i'm over analyzing. i feel that the half point in my fuel gauge sometimes isn't really the halfway point. i find that i notice the needle going down bit by bit at a faster rate than if it was above the halfway point.

·
Registered
506 Posts
That's about right. Most cars gas gauges are like that for some reason. I just put $44 of gas in after driving 380 km (240 miles)! It's really bad in the winter. But that's normal too. Can't wait for summer and gas prices to drop back down.

·
Registered
561 Posts
TRXR4KDS said:
That's about right. Most cars gas gauges are like that for some reason. I just put $44 of gas in after driving 380 km (240 miles)! It's really bad in the winter. But that's normal too. Can't wait for summer and gas prices to drop back down.
aaaaaaaaaaa gas prices drop in the summer :lol: they should be down now

·
XRS
2,245 Posts
My last tank was 590km using 48L (03XRS 6spd). I get below E all the time. There's about 120km of highway driving left after the light comes on and roughly 80-100km of city.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
mistamatrix, what speed do u drive at on the hwy? also is the needle below the E? don't u get scared when it's that low?

trxr4kds, jesus! only 380km? eek. ya i tend to notice the matrix is kinda sucky in the winter. after being parked all day in the parking lot during the winter the car starts really slowly. i have to turn it for a good 2 sec b4 it catches on sigh. so in the summertime i should expect better fuel consumption?

what other fuel saving tips do u guys use?

·
XRS
2,245 Posts
I typically cruise @ 120-140kmh on the hwy.
Yes, the needle gets between E and the warning light.
No, I don't get scared because I have an idea of how many km's I can go after the warning light comes on. I've almost run out of gas twice.

·
TN User
2007 Matrix XR
34 Posts
In the summer I get around 600 km's per tank, which is a combination city and highway. In the winter, I get about 500.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Gas mileage is bad

TRXR4KDS said:
It's the same for me...i bought the car in august...i was getting just about 400 km per fill up...in the winter i am getting about 350...and I am gonna blame that on the winter.

I just hope the average kilometers get better in the summer...cause at this rate with these gas prices...i'm gonna go broke...

and if it dosen't change i might take it to the dealer...Think they'd help me out????:confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
> i might take it to the dealer...Think they'd help me out???

Notif it be the dealer from whom I bought the car. My wife won't even set footin that place again. Service from our local Fountain-Goodyear not that dopey dealership.
Douglas+

·
XRS
2,245 Posts
ayaz said:
It's the same for me...i bought the car in august...i was getting just about 400 km per fill up...in the winter i am getting about 350...and I am gonna blame that on the winter.

I just hope the average kilometers get better in the summer...cause at this rate with these gas prices...i'm gonna go broke...

and if it dosen't change i might take it to the dealer...Think they'd help me out????:confused:
You have to remember that everyone's definition of "per fill up" is different. When you say "400km per fill up", how much gas did you actually use up to get that?
IIRC, TRXR4KDS' fill up routine consists of filling up when he gets to 1/4 tank remaining so when he says he gets "380km per fill up", he's only used up like ~35L of gas to get that. On the other hand, I run my tank dry. I filled up today putting in 48L this tank got me 580km.

My point is, don't just listen to the km per tank alone. People have to also factor in how much gas (L) they've expended to get that total mileage.

·
Registered
506 Posts
As mista explains, everyone's point of fill up is different. I usually fill up on or just before the light comes on. My worst tank this winter was 380km on 44 litres.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The tank empties faster after the midpoint because the tank isn't the same size all the way down, its wider at the top and tapers down. And its really hard on emissions components when the tank is run empty. The right idea would be to fill up after 1/4 tank instead of waiting for the light to tell you. And for guys that want better mileage, just take er easy on the gas pedal, its still a 4 cyl.

·
2006 XRS
2006 Matrix XRS
90 Posts
I filled up the other day.....627 km.
Mostly highway: 90/10
2006 XRS
cruise set to 120 kmph
Only gas I run: Shell 93

:gaydumbo:

·
2006 XRS Owner
2006 Matrix XRS
28 Posts
Memphis_Matrix said:
2006 XRS
cruise set to 120 kmph

The only station here in Alberta that sells 93 octane that I am aware of are Husky stations and they only sell ethanol blended gas which according to Consumer Reports can cause some problems...so the best I can find is 91 octane...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I get about 560 KM (340 miles) out of a tank of gas which is roughly about 11 Gallons which i think you you use litters?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Memphis_Matrix said:
2006 XRS
cruise set to 120 kmph

California used to sell 93 but about 4 years ago they stopped. I dont know why but all we can get is 87 89 and 91

1 - 20 of 27 Posts