Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 321 Posts

·
03' HL Limited V6 175,xxx
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see who has the most miles, and how many averages miles are on our HL's.

Create a list like this:

1) Year and Model
2) Mileage
3) Any mechanical problems

I'll start:

1) 2003 Highlander V6 Limited
2) 170,000 Miles
3) Temperature knob failed (easy fix), Some howling sounds. Overall A+ Car!

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats high for yearly average. I am close to 46K miles for a 05 V6 Limited.
Yes, I know. The first two years I had the car I put on 50,000 per year. The interior is just starting to catch up with itself. Otherwise perfect car in my opinion!

·
Registered
2006 Highlander
30 Posts
2006 V6 4wd
54k.

Transmission lags shift from 2nd to 3rd. Is there a fix for this? Otherwise she is a happy vehicle. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
1. 2002 Limited
2. 97,500
3. Replaced rear rotors after 7 years. Other than that just regular maintenance.

Love the highlander. Will buy it again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
2003 Highlander
24 Posts
1. 2003 I4 4WD
2. 88,500
3. Nothing so far, had a big service done (all the fluids, water pump, belts, valve adjustments), only have had the vehicle for about 1,500 miles. I love everything about that car...

·
Registered
10 Posts
1. 2002 v6 4wd
2. 122,000
3. only maintenance

bought it new. fixed the heater wire issue, currently working on a fix for the visor droop

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1. 2002 v6 4wd
2. 122,000
3. only maintenance

bought it new. fixed the heater wire issue, currently working on a fix for the visor droop
Please post your fix! I'm having the same issue with mine! I'm sure other members are having the same issue as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
2005 V6 2WD
83k miles
Purchased new in Jun '05. General maintenance only and no problems except the steering column clunk that just appeared.

Update: Aug 22, 2011
-------------------------
Turned over 110k this month and still no issues. I'm overdue for a timing belt/water pump change. Will probably get it to the dealer for that and all of the accessory belts before the end of the year. I'll probably tackle the spark plugs myself. Funny... I don't notice the steering clunk I did a few years back.

·
Highlaner Dude
53 Posts
2.4 ltr 4 cyl

new rotors on front
1 downstream O2 sensor

I love my Highlander and would buy another for sure, probably will. That is when this one wears out which will probably be a while, its still looks new inside and out.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
117 Posts
02 Highlander v6 at 140000 miles. Other then tires/brakes/fluid changes, the only problem i've had was dirty idle control valve. Most reliable vehicle I've owned.

·
91xtracab
26 Posts
2003 Highlander V6
61,000 miles\Tires\Oil change every 5k\trans. flush and coolant change @35k.\filters etc.
saving money for new front rotors and pads,so far so good...

·
Registered
182 Posts
2002 Highlander V6 2wd
replaced O2 sensor thats about it

yet to do: replace timing belts and factory waterpump (just because it has over 100,000 miles), change the original spark plugs (there is hardly any electrode left) and find out why my passenger side rear window wont go down (nephew got sick and didnt roll down the window in time.. I think some of that got down in the door gumming/rusting the mechanism.. Ewwwww) LOL

·
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2002 Highlander V6 2wd
replaced O2 sensor thats about it

yet to do: replace timing belts and factory waterpump (just because it has over 100,000 miles), change the original spark plugs (there is hardly any electrode left) and find out why my passenger side rear window wont go down (nephew got sick and didnt roll down the window in time.. I think some of that got down in the door gumming/rusting the mechanism.. Ewwwww) LOL
That is terribly funny and sick at the same time :D! Please keep us posted/updated in your upcoming upgrades/mods!

·
Highlander
1 Posts
2002 Highlander V6 2WD
138,000 ALL HIGHWAY:)
One set of brake pads, spark plugs and tires.
I did have a problem with a sticking gas pedal in the idle position. As it turned out to be a gummy throttle butterfly. Throttle body cleaner took care of it. I LOVE MY TOYOTA!

·
Registered
Toyota Highlander
102 Posts
01 highlander v6 awd - 167000 km's (so getting close to 105,000miles)

had the timing belt changed about 10,000 miles ago

only other issue was changing out the rear wheel bearing (stupid design!), and a vehicle speed sensor code that pops up when winter time comes, otherwise it runs smoothly issue free.

the car has been a magnet for accidents, but all were non fault ones.
- was going straight, some woman decided to gun it thru a left turn and took out my front bumper, no frame damage but rebar was dented a little
- car was key'd while parked and having dinner
- rear ended lightly
- rear ended and then sandwiched by a f350 duelly (surprisingly the the rear and front was pretty good, but the accord in front of me suddenly became a hatch back with no trunk)
- hit n run

even though with all the accidents, no frame damage, and the car is solid. beats the caravan we had before.

·
AvConsult
'02 Highlander V6
3,555 Posts
142k miles. replaced tires, brake pads, front rotors, lower ball joints, drive belts, transmission fluid, headlight bulbs. That's it.

1 - 20 of 321 Posts