Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm new here and I plan to buy a 90-93 celica soon... I was wondering if any one have 18" wheels on their car... I have a friend that have a brand new set of 18" wheels (Bolt pattern: 5x100 or 5x114.3 (i know the 5x100 is one for this car), offset: +45, center bore: 72.64mm, so I thought it would work along with 215/35/18... Does anybody have those on the car now??? How does it ride??? Does it cause any problems like tires rubbing on the fenders, shocks or anything??? Pictures would be cool for me to see and give me some ideas... I'm looking at black 91 GT hatchback and thinking about getting that, and start putting a body kit, clear corners, clear turn signals, diamond headlight (aftermarket ones with hyper white lights), led neons, and few other things... So i thought if I got the car, I would just get a set of 18" wheels for now and get more stuff afterward...

Thanks!
Andrew

P.S. How come that other celicas have speakers on the doors, since the one I'm looking at don't have it???

·
Heja Sverige
191 Posts
STORMINATOR said:
Hey everyone,

I'm new here and I plan to buy a 90-93 celica soon... I was wondering if any one have 18" wheels on their car... I have a friend that have a brand new set of 18" wheels (Bolt pattern: 5x100 or 5x114.3 (i know the 5x100 is one for this car), offset: +45, center bore: 72.64mm, so I thought it would work along with 215/35/18... Does anybody have those on the car now??? How does it ride??? Does it cause any problems like tires rubbing on the fenders, shocks or anything??? Pictures would be cool for me to see and give me some ideas... I'm looking at black 91 GT hatchback and thinking about getting that, and start putting a body kit, clear corners, clear turn signals, diamond headlight (aftermarket ones with hyper white lights), led neons, and few other things... So i thought if I got the car, I would just get a set of 18" wheels for now and get more stuff afterward...

Thanks!
Andrew

P.S. How come that other celicas have speakers on the doors, since the one I'm looking at don't have it???
Personally, I think 18" wheels would look really stupid and gaudy on these cars. My Celica came with 13" wheels stock.

As for the speakers, the front ones are mounted next to the doors, in the dashboard. They're very small, 4" if I remember correctly. There are two 6.5" speakers mounted in the rear, in the bulkhead (sorry, can't remember the English word).

·
GT-i Crew
632 Posts
Your Celica is GT, only the GT-S and GT4/Alltrac came with the System 10 sound system that included a tweeter and a 8' sub in each door, as well as a tweeter at each side of the parsel shelf

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply.

Kidane, thanks for ur opinion... I'll think what i can do...

Icarocha, now I understand why... Is it easy to find a set of GT-S/GT4/All-Trac door panels??? Will they direct fit on the GT??? I likes music a lot so I like loud car... Is parsel shelf is in the rear of the car? This GT that I'm thinking to get have speakers in the dash and rear, plus tweeters on the door, sitting by mirror area...

Zrain, Yea, a black gen5, I'm thinking about buying that car... I dunno about the turbo system, I'm a cruise person on a street and seeing friends you know??? So I like to put bling bling stuff on this car... But thanks for ur comment and I'll be looking forward to buy this car soon...

Well everybody, I'm still open for more ideas, pictures, comments, and everything...

·
Boooost
159 Posts
i wouldn't suggest getting 18's on these cars especially on a GT...plus having 215 tires will probably be too wide...biggest i'd go for is 17's with 205/40's.....just my .02

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.