Toyota Nation Forum banner

Are you lifted?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If I'm not mistaken, it seems like there may be more lifted than non lifted trucks here :clap:

and the toytec group buy made a big contribution

·
A.K.A. Ty
2005 Tacoma TRD OR
768 Posts
Yay! I'm the first one to vote! I bought my lift kit two days before the Toytec GB came together. Even without major discounts, it's still worth it. Now I just need those 285s and new wheels:naughty: Aren't you going to vote Hans? You're lifted too, ya know.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
05TRDOffRoad said:
Yay! I'm the first one to vote! I bought my lift kit two days before the Toytec GB came together. Even without major discounts, it's still worth it. Now I just need those 285s and new wheels:naughty: Aren't you going to vote Hans? You're lifted too, ya know.
I want either of these wheels

I'm still looking around for prices.:eek:: I always see those Welds used on ebay but they are usually from Chevys so their hub bore is too small

·
A.K.A. Ty
2005 Tacoma TRD OR
768 Posts
I want the MB Rockers but I can't seem to find them in any size smaller than 18x10. Do they even make a 16x8 anymore? What are those top set? Any info on price new?

·
Registered
06 Taco D.C. Sport
1,370 Posts
you guys know what kinda sucks about me is that i want to lift it and put wheel and tires but i cant go too high because im 5'5".

i was wondering if anyone around this heigth has a 6" lift with 33" tires?

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
rydr1 said:
you guys know what kinda sucks about me is that i want to lift it and put wheel and tires but i cant go too high because im 5'5".

Should be no problem! The main thing is that you can jump!! LOL!:lol:
05TRDOffRoad said:
I want the MB Rockers but I can't seem to find them in any size smaller than 18x10. Do they even make a 16x8 anymore? What are those top set? Any info on price new?
They no longer make these rims.

·
Registered
06 Taco D.C. Sport
1,370 Posts
^i was thinking running and jumping probably would work, right?

i need to see a truck in person to know exactly what i need to go with. till then ill save money to get the parts.

this is another reason why i wanted to go with the AMP Research power steps. they come down lower than side steps but the price is an arm and a leg and they would need to be modified to fit our trucks.

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma TRD SP
110 Posts
rydr1 said:

Hey, that's what they make step bars for, guy!

·
must remember to search
06' DC TRD Sport LB
89 Posts
Yep, it's a done deal and later I'll post some pics. It took me more time to find someone to swap my coils over that it did for me to install the lift. And Hans I've got those racelines on my truck so it will give you an idea of what it looks like on the truck. Later.

·
Registered
06 Tacoma Access SR5
462 Posts
See Sig

·
Registered
Tacoma Prerunner SR5
21 Posts
Hans Moleman said:
I always see those Welds used on ebay but they are usually from Chevys so their hub bore is too small
Is there any reason someone can't just take the wheels to a machine shop and have them shave out a tiny bit from the hub area?

·
Registered
06 taco 4x4 sport ac
114 Posts
By the poll, I am in the minority. I do not plan to lift my truck. What off roading I do, its meeting my needs.

I am curious, of those who have lifted or plan to lift the truck. Are you doing it because you need the added clearance for off roading, or are you doing it just for looks?

·
Love this Tacoma!
Toyota Tacoma
623 Posts
Lift is sitting in my floor now just beggin to get put on. Waiting though to buy tires, these stock Duelers with 40K have just about had it and not doing so good in the rain now. Finally found some good prices on the Toyo AT's I want so hopefully by the end of January the lift will be on, new tires, and an alignment.

RYDR1 i'm only 5'3" and dont'see that the lift will be issue getting in and out. Will know soon enough.

AZFIRE06 its purely for the looks for me. Mine's not even 4wd, I just like the looks of all the lifted Tacoma's on here and I already have one truck thats lowered so I thought it'd be nice to have that goes the other direction for a change.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bone stock... (I've only had her for 1.5 months/3500 miles).

I want to lift pretty bad, but I have some reservations. Perhaps some of you can provide motiviation. My thoughts.
1) Will this affect my warranty (lift needs bigger tires, harder on tranny/engine, etc...)?
2) I can't jump in for new 275s and wheels just yet- will it look weird with a lift and stock shoes?
3) I live outside of DC. Will my highway/city ride suck?

Any thoughts from you lifted veterans?

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
planning to, and what a great plan it is. ehehehe.

·
Registered
06 Tacoma Access SR5
462 Posts
Is there any reason someone can't just take the wheels to a machine shop and have them shave out a tiny bit from the hub area?
Aftermarket wheels & tires are hard enough t balance out of the box, let alone after some guy machines them. But if it's a good shop, who knows.

Are you doing it because you need the added clearance for off roading, or are you doing it just for looks?
Both,
1) Truck just doesn't Look Right with the stock tires, leaves the wheel wells kinda empty.
Truck looks 100% better with a 3" lift & 33s.
2) Gives me a few extra inches when trying to clear stuff i the woods.

·
Registered
06 Taco D.C. Sport
1,370 Posts
AZFIRE06 said:
By the poll, I am in the minority. I do not plan to lift my truck. What off roading I do, its meeting my needs.

I am curious, of those who have lifted or plan to lift the truck. Are you doing it because you need the added clearance for off roading, or are you doing it just for looks?
i do minor off roading, kinda sucks not getting the 4x4, and i already hit the tow hitch and my driveshaft doing it. i need i little more clearence and i like the way they look lifted with bigger tires, makes the truck look beefyer.

as sr5-2006 mentioned the stock tires seem too small. my sister that is not even into trucks said my tires look small.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts