Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up camry crew? If anyone out there has a 2000 camry can you tell me what the top off level is for the motor oil? I'm changing it myself for the first time and don't have the manual around. I'm thinking 4 quarts but it may be 5... -- anyone know?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THNAKs!

Awesome - I gotta go find the damn manual ;) one more quickie - what's the reccommended mileage/time between changing transmission fluid?

thanks again -
persian

·
Registered
379 Posts
persianKID said:
What's up camry crew? If anyone out there has a 2000 camry can you tell me what the top off level is for the motor oil? I'm changing it myself for the first time and don't have the manual around. I'm thinking 4 quarts but it may be 5... -- anyone know?
The manual states 3.8 Qt with filter change, a bit less without (would not reacommend that).

4 Qt may be OK, but in my '00 i4, 4 Qt raise the level above the max mark, where 3.8 keep it just about there.

At my first tranny drain and refill at about 30K the oil vas VERY dirty. At that time I put-in synthetic. At 50K again drain and refill - again dirty. At 75K - quite dirty, but not that bad. At this time I flushed (as opposed to drain) and filled with synthetic.

And don't forget that the differential is separate from the tranny on our cars - need to drain and refill this too - at 30K it was in no better shape than the tranny fluid. Refilled with synthetic at that time and at 50K and 75 it looked a lot better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts