Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Car is a 2012 Corolla auto with a 6.9 qt tran capacity and 2.6 qt tran pan capacity. I am buying OEM ATF WS from ebay and the options I have are either 8, 9 ,10, 12 qt to buy. After draining the tran fluid and replacing screen I will be topping up with 2.6 quarts (or however much comes out) and then doing a cooler line flush 1 qt at a time, I am not sure how long it will take to reach clear liquid which is why I'm not sure how much to buy.

Has anyone done this before with a similar capacity tran and know how much fluid they ended up needing?

Thank you for your help,

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi everyone,

Car is a 2012 Corolla auto with a 6.9 qt tran capacity and 2.6 qt tran pan capacity. I am buying OEM ATF WS from ebay and the options I have are either 8, 9 ,10, 12 qt to buy. After draining the tran fluid and replacing screen I will be topping up with 2.6 quarts (or however much comes out) and then doing a cooler line flush 1 qt at a time, I am not sure how long it will take to reach clear liquid which is why I'm not sure how much to buy.

Has anyone done this before with a similar capacity tran and know how much fluid they ended up needing?

Thank you for your help,
Buy 12qt if you are not topping but flushing your trans system to get out the old oil. Flushing usually takes more than 8 qt

·
Registered
586 Posts
don't fret too much about getting every last bit of old fluid out either, I just drop my pan to change the filter and fill the trans without flushing every 60k and the fluid looks quite clean afterward. I've only had my 09 corolla about 1 year so far, but my highlander is doing just fine with this method at over 270,000 miles and no trans issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the prompt replies. I'm not really sure what I should do, a complete fluid change or drain/refill 3 times over the course of a month. The fluid is dark pink now with a brown tinge so it's not the dirtiest, I just want the most economic and less time consuming method.

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
4,501 Posts
Welcome to the site doze.

The best would be to "flush" and put all new fluid in. Dumping and refilling is OK, and if you do that a few times even better. 10 qts is probably enough, and if not good enough for this round. You can repeat that n another 100k miles :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any thoughts on other compatible ATF WS fluids?

Found this one -20 Liter/Qt Top Tec ATF 1800 LIQUI MOLY Fully Synthetic for Dexron VI Mercon LV (says compatible with Toyota ATF WS

Top Tec ATF 1800; 20 Liters
Liqui Moly Top Tec ATF 1800 is a new generation low viscosity high performance fluid. Based on fully synthetic technology with modern, high performance additives. Aside from excellent aging and oxidation stability, optimal shifting is guaranteed under all operating conditions thanks to an extremely high viscosity index.

Features:
  • Enables long fluid change intervals
  • Excellent viscosity/temperature properties
  • Prevents formation of foam
  • Outstanding friction characteristics
  • High resistance to aging
  • Very good low temperature properties
  • Excellent corrosion protection
  • High wear resistance
  • Outstanding resistance to oxidation
Approvals:
  • Dexron VI
  • Ford Mercon LV
Liqui Moly also recommends this fluid for vehicles that need to comply with the following specifications:
  • Aisin Warner AW-1
  • BMW 83 22 0 142 516
  • BMW 83 22 2-152 426
  • BMW 83 22 2-289 720
  • BMW 83 22 2-305 396
  • BMW 83 22 2-305 397
  • BMW 83 22 2-355 599
  • BMW M-1375.4
  • Fiat 9.55550-AV5
  • JWS 3324 (Aisin Warner)
  • Land Rover TYK 500050
  • Honda ATF 3.1
  • Honda ATF DW-1
  • Hyundai SP-IV
  • Mazda ATF FZ
  • MB 236.12
  • MB 236.14
  • Mitsubishi Dia Queen ATF-PA
  • Nissan AT-Matic S Fluid
  • Toyota WS
  • VW G 055 005
  • VW G 055 540
  • VW G 060 162

·
Registered
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
46 Posts
I called a transmission shop and they were able to tell me how much oil I needed for my 2009 corolla ce auto. I used Amsoil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts