Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wondering. How much will the TRD Exhaust system cost for a gen 5-5.5 camry, and is it worth the money?

I'll be getting over $1,000 this month and I want to get as much possible with the limited budget. Help me out guys!

·
-VIPStyleCars-
248 Posts
have you checked www.trdusa.com ? for the pricing of the trd muffler.

a few years back i heard the cheapest i could get is around the mid to low 300... other than that they cost quite a bit cause of brand name. i read in the forums here many members mention borla and trd work together for muffler/exhaust. for springs it is eibach and trd. just interesting stuff.

·
-VIPStyleCars-
248 Posts
trdcamry2003 said:
It's 401.32 www.toyotaparts4u.com Keep in mind this is just a axle back exhaust. Not a cat-back.
You can get the TRD muffler for less than 400; like I've mentioned around 300-350... That's only if you know the dealership personally and they can give more discount off the TRD items... That price is off the discount through the dealership for the Camry's TRD muffler. Of course tax hasn't been included yet

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I know two managers of two Toyota Dealerships and they're only ten minutes apart from each other. So, I can get it really cheap if I can try. But I need a bareboned price so that I can total up my limited $$$$$

Thanks for the help guys. I'll see what I can do with the little funding I have. I'll post up pics if I can, but it'll be hard to do without a digital camera.

Here's what I'm planning to get though:

SE Blackouted Sport Trimmed Headlights with Auto Day/Night lights. $129

TRD Exhaust: $401.20 (Maybe I can try get it cheaper. There's a dealership meeting for new buyers that knocks off 25% off accessories)

Front Strut Bar: $209.40

Future:

SE V6 17" Rims w/ Bridgestone Potenza RE050 225/45-17 Runflats
$436 per/rim
$213 for each tires.

H.I.D. conversion $945

Camry Rear Spoiler $436

That's about it. All four years worth of work I'm expecting. Slowly but surely. ^_^;

·
Big Wrench
397 Posts
xpeed said:
Here's what I'm planning to get though:

SE Blackouted Sport Trimmed Headlights with Auto Day/Night lights. $129

TRD Exhaust: $401.20 (Maybe I can try get it cheaper. There's a dealership meeting for new buyers that knocks off 25% off accessories)

Front Strut Bar: $209.40

Future:

SE V6 17" Rims w/ Bridgestone Potenza RE050 225/45-17 Runflats
$436 per/rim
$213 for each tires.

H.I.D. conversion $945

Camry Rear Spoiler $436

That's about it. All four years worth of work I'm expecting. Slowly but surely. ^_^;
Cleaver Little Monkey Boy,

I sent you PM back in September that you never read. It was regarding your desire for new tires and rims.

Anyway I'm buying rims and tires for my 2004 SE. Probably this fall. My factory rims and tires are the five spoke alloys running 215/60 16's. My car came with Michelin tires on it. I currently have 5,500 miles on it. I will sell them to you really cheap and throw in my factory Strut bar. The factory strut bar is all you need. I'm only replacing my strut bar for the look of the TRD because I have the money to burn. PM me if you're interested, I can get you a free comp'ed room here in Las Vegas for a weekend so we could swap wheels. Here's a pic of the rims and tires.

Banjaku Hyakujuunoou!

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't like those rims. Doesn't match with my LE bodywork. I'm planning to buy the tires after I get all the stuff. The Tires will be last, but thnx for the offer. :D

·
Two Wheel Drifter
240 Posts
If you want a good exhaust without spending a fortune, do what I did on my gen 5 go to a reputable exhaust shop and have them custom make a 2.5 inch pipe from the cat back using the same shape as the stock piece then add a magnaflow exhaust.
I had it dynoed and with a k& n filter I added about 12 hp all thru
the rev range. And the manaflow had the sweetest low growl that I have heard. All cost me about $500. The pipe was fitted closer to the chassis which gave me better ground clerance as I have my camry lowered. My friend has a Greedy evo system on his 03 and it sounds like an annoying honda plus when I raced his car I beat him every time, When I got a chance to drive it
I reallly felt a difference in power delivery, mine pulled harder and smoother.

http://members.cardomain.com/spyman777

Spy

·
-VIPStyleCars-
248 Posts
xpeed said:

H.I.D. conversion $945

that's an interesting list there... i was wondering, why is the hid conversion almost a $grand$ there?

is it some kind of special hid brand name product or something, compare to the good ones like Philips that is around 500-600+ or how about hella, unless you're getting the piaas that i've heard its around $k?

·
-VIPStyleCars-
248 Posts
spyman said:
If you want a good exhaust without spending a fortune, do what I did on my gen 5 go to a reputable exhaust shop and have them custom make a 2.5 inch pipe from the cat back using the same shape as the stock piece then add a magnaflow exhaust.
I had it dynoed and with a k& n filter I added about 12 hp all thru
the rev range. And the manaflow had the sweetest low growl that I have heard. All cost me about $500. The pipe was fitted closer to the chassis which gave me better ground clerance as I have my camry lowered. My friend has a Greedy evo system on his 03 and it sounds like an annoying honda plus when I raced his car I beat him every time, When I got a chance to drive it
I reallly felt a difference in power delivery, mine pulled harder and smoother.

http://members.cardomain.com/spyman777

Spy
that's cool; gaining 12hp:thumbup:

so... with that kind of money are you planning on purchasing the turbo kits from sportivo concept's company?:naughty:

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
1MZ-FE said:
that's an interesting list there... i was wondering, why is the hid conversion almost a $grand$ there?

is it some kind of special hid brand name product or something, compare to the good ones like Philips that is around 500-600+ or how about hella, unless you're getting the piaas that i've heard its around $k?
Actually, the one I want to get is from Ichikoh Japan. The main brand company that most japanese manufacturer's use on most of their luxury cars. My mom's Infiniti FX35 has H.I.D.s made from Ichikoh. :D

I also might gets these nefty Fog lamps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts