Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at some slightly new Camry's, and the one I was looking at before is still for sale (1999 V6 5-Spd w/ 123K for $6K). So purely out of curiosity, I was wondering what you guys thought my car is worth if I ever chose to sell it.

1994 Camry V6 XLE w/ 133K
Power Moonroof, Leather, CD/MP3 Player, Auto, ABS, 15" Stock Rims, Good All-Season Tires, Power Seat, Power Windows, Power Locks, Remote Start.

Also, I added clear DEPO's and signals, new headlights, fog lights, all around new brake pads and rotors, brand new spark plugs, new timing belt, new water pump, two new O2 sensors, brand new struts and mounts (except front drivers side).

Here are a few quick pics:

·
Live to Win!
36 Posts
what! i dunno its in really good condition...whats the blue book?

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2005 Avalon Limited
3,189 Posts
looking at how nicely kept that car is, why would you even want to sell it? The car u were looking at has been driven much more per year, and u don't know how well it was maintained, if at all.

·
Registered
226 Posts
bigbird said:
gieco insurance gave me 6200 for my old 95 XLE V6 with 138K. lookin as good as that does id say about that but no less than 5500. id loose the fogs though.

Wow... Good Luck if you wanna get $5500... Thats more than retail price... You'd have to really want it.. I just sold mine (93 xle, 112k, power everything) which looked just as good as yours and I was the original owner and I struggled to get $4000..

Everytime you put a car up for sale, theres always people who seem to knock you down about it.. They're all looking for a bargain... If I were you, I'd ask $4400 and you can always come down..

Good luck

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going to get rid of the fogs if I did decide to sell it, since it may detract some people from buying it. I doubt I would end up selling it after putting almost $2K into it in parts and repairs, but I was just curious.

Maybe i'll drive it for a while and hope that some stupid driver totals my car and I get a nice big fat insurance check :p

But in all seriousness, as I said before, if this was a couple months ago I would have sold it for even $3K - $3500, but I did put alot of work into it and it should run for a while...

·
Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
1,974 Posts
KBB Trade in $2,000-$3,000.
KBB Private: $3,700-$4,200.

To be honest, the fogs, headlamps, clear turn signals/marker lights, and any other mods will lower the car's value.

If you just dumped a load of money into it, it wouldn't make sense to sell it.

But hey, you only live once- so you do whatever will make you happy. I just did, as explained in my other post. :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Not being mean but the car is 13yrs old.. There's no way people are going to pay $4995 or 4500 for that car.. Maybe if people don't know prices but I just dont think that is possible.. I'm telling you, I work for a small car lot here in ohio.. I see these at the auctions bring 2300 all day ( dealer only auctions).. We get them and put them on the lot for $3600-4200 depending on condition.. We're lucky if we sell it within a month and thats with a 30 day warranty..

I'm not saying that it couldn't happen but you gotta find the right person.

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bigbird said:
for a car in that good a shape and only 133K on it id say it would last along time man. id wait, hold on to it till it dies, save up and then get somthing really nice.:D
Thats what I was (and still am) planning on doing. I'd hate to get that 99 Camry and then have to replace the same parts I did on my 94 :-/

And I know to some, the turn signals and fogs would lower value, but I wouldnt think the DEPO's would, sinc their basically just clear stocks, pretty much any new car has clear headlights.

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bigbird said:
wow man, sounds like i got a steal from that accident. im gonna try to find another gieco driver to rear end me:D .
did you notice the small dent in the rear passenger side door? I guy backed up into me and scratched it up and dented it. I fixed the paint (as you can see), but not the dent yet. I also got $1300 from it :D

·
I HAS BOOST!!!
94 Camry SE V6 Coup
10,728 Posts
aaah i love it when stuff like that happens:clap: i got rear ended in the el camino and it destroied the front end of other car. i had to rub the paint off my bumper and it chipped the chrome. the insurance company gave me 500 bucks(kbb minimum value). a new bumper cost me 150.:thumbup: :D :thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts