Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:hi:
Last September, I bought my 2013 Avalon XLE for $27,071.45 using Truecar.com. The out-the-door price was $31,071.45 including the 9% Los Angeles sales tax. Truecar.com gave me three dealers offering substantial discounts (certificates) from the MSRP. You just choose which dealer you want to buy your new car from. Call them to find if they have your model and color. With the certificate, there is no haggling at the dealer. Did anyone pay less than my price?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am ashamed to say what I paid for a limited with tech package. I have gone through some traumatic situations in my life, and I was not thinking good. I paid way too much. Oh well, we must learn somehow. To me, your price sounds good.

·
Registered
129 Posts
When I bought my 2013 TAH Limited w/o tech package in early February of 2013, I paid just about what Edmunds said was the "True Market Value" for the exact same model in my geographic area. At that time, early in the 4th Gen's lifecycle, it seemed that there was very little disxounting going on. I checked a couple of days ago to see what the Edmunds TMV was for the identical 2014 model, and found it was $1,500 less than what I paid. So I guess I overpaid by buying a year early, but if I'd waited I would have not had this wonderul car for the last year. It sounds like you got a very good deel, and I hope you enjoy your Avy as much as I've enjoyed mine.

2013 TAH Limited w/o tech package; 2/13 build date; sizzling crimson mica w' light gray interior

·
Toyotas Full Gararge
2013 Toyota Avalon
18 Posts
Although Toyota invoices each dealer the same on an identical vehicle a number of factors may influence the bottom line: Geographical market trends, how long the vehicle has been in inventory, Toyota incentives to the dealer/customer by regions, vehicle exterior/interior colors, etc., The best comparison is going to be within your own geographical area or Toyota region at the time of purchase.
I just bought a second '13 TAH Limited (new) with a MSRP of 43,003 and with dealer discounts and Toyota incentives price was 35,900 plus tax which I found acceptable because I still got the color, Magnetic Gray/Blk, I wanted.

·
Registered
2012 Magnetic Grey
134 Posts
I paid $30,750 OTD for a '13 XLE in Jan '14. That includes 6% sales tax, tags and everything else. I left the Toyota $1,000 rebate on the table to get 0% financing for 5 yrs.

In threads like these, you'll always find someone who paid less (and more) than you did....... The key is not to get all worked up over it. ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"I paid $30,750 OTD for a '13 XLE in Jan '14. That includes 6% sales tax, tags and everything else. I left the Toyota $1,000 rebate on the table to get 0% financing for 5 yrs.

In threads like these, you'll always find someone who paid less (and more) than you did....... The key is not to get all worked up over it. "

Hey, ntorch. You have to realize that I would have paid almost $800 less than what you paid for your car if I had paid 6% sales tax like you did. I paid 9%. Go figure!!! I do not work for or I am not related to Truecar.com. But people should check out their service. I also bought a 2013 Camry for my wife using their service and it was a great deal.

·
Registered
2012 Magnetic Grey
134 Posts
"I paid $30,750 OTD for a '13 XLE in Jan '14. That includes 6% sales tax, tags and everything else. I left the Toyota $1,000 rebate on the table to get 0% financing for 5 yrs.

In threads like these, you'll always find someone who paid less (and more) than you did....... The key is not to get all worked up over it. "

Hey, ntorch. You have to realize that I would have paid almost $800 less than what you paid for your car if I had paid 6% sales tax like you did. I paid 9%. Go figure!!! I do not work for or I am not related to Truecar.com. But people should check out their service. I also bought a 2013 Camry for my wife using their service and it was a great deal.
I do realize that. You're solidifying my point with others on all of the possible variables when it comes to pricing..... Did you know the guy in Delaware pays no state sales tax on his car purchase?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When we talk about how much people pay for a particular car, you have to compare, "apple to apple" excluding the sales tax, registration fees, vehicle license fees, document processing charge, options, etc. In my case, as noted in my thread, the price that I paid for was $27,071.45 for my XLE. For the comparison purpose, this is the starting point.

·
Registered
2012 Magnetic Grey
134 Posts
That's the price you paid on the sticker. The OTD price says it all and is the indication of how much you really paid for the car when you walked out the door.

So the question should be:

Who go the best deal on the sticker price?

If that's the case, you got a better deal on sticker than I did. I had a trade and only paid sales tax on the difference from my trade and what I negotiated on the sticker.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That's the price you paid on the sticker. The OTD price says it all and is the indication of how much you really paid for the car when you walked out the door.

So the question should be:

Who go the best deal on the sticker price?

If that's the case, you got a better deal on sticker than I did. I had a trade and only paid sales tax on the difference from my trade and what I negotiated on the sticker.
Again, lest we all paid cash, no trade, it is going to be hard to compare.... I paid $25k out the door, which included taxes and dealer fees...

2014 TAH Touring - $38435
Trade - $15,435 (really more like 10,4800).

Net - $23,000
plus tax and fees. In my opinion, I really paid about $33,800 for the car (minus trade).

·
Registered
13 Posts
For a 2014 TAH still on the transport trailer, last October, the Sales Manager printed the invoice and all the items on that vehicle and said $500 over the invoice, no sales person. It basically was the same as going through Costco with here it is "Take it or Leave it". The cost for everything started at the MSRP, to include technology and fees. I had a $3000 cushion and my taxes of $4363 sent me into cardiac arrest, since now I exceeded my limits at that point. Credit card covered the last 2 grand.

·
Icemann
2013 Avalon Hy LTD
40 Posts
Bought my 2013 TAHL in October 2013.

It was 8 months old, used and had 18k miles, MSRP of $41400.00

I traded a 2009 Avalon XL with leather & 74k miles.

Both cars looked/drove new.

Trade difference , the amount I wrote the check for was $19,500.00, it included dealer fees, title fees, and State sales tax.

I figured I bought the car for $18, 300.00 + the 2009 Avalon

Kelly Blue Book listed my 2009 Avalon XL with leather for Dealer Trade-in allowance of $10, 900 in "Good" condition, which seemed to be what dealers Really put in the car when I checked numerous Toyota and Non-Toyota dealers.

I felt it was a very, very fair deal, really hard to compare it to another deal here though....

I love the handling of the 2013!!

As I have said before, I catch myself looking back at the car when I walk away .....proves I LOVE it!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2014 Avalon Limited
12 Posts
2014 Avalon Limited (with Tech) picked up 12/29/2013. $39,838 before trade-in (2005 TAL) and taxes/fees. Includes dealer add-ons of $467.95. I love my car and am okay with my cost.

·
Registered
27 Posts
New owner here and very happy. Bought a 2013 TAH Touring certified pre-owned in early March with 3400miles (dealer was the owner). Paid $31,500 for the car and $33200 after sales tax, tags, etc. Has NAV, Blind Spot & Rear Cross Traffic, paint protection, and all weather mats. I feel very satisfied with what I paid and love the car so far.

·
Registered
6 Posts
picked up my 2014 tah limited with tech in december, pearl white, beige interior with rear bumper protector, mud guard, and color-keyed side moldings for 40800, excluding tax. happy with my purchase price since it was ordered from factory just in time for christmas. nothing else was available at that time in that color combination in the southeast region. i added a few things since then : 3m ceramic tinting, prestigious society computer to enable dvd playing and gps input while driving (by my co-pilot of course) without stopping and putting the car in park, and rear bumper led lights (replacing the reflectors--look really cool).

·
Registered
6 Posts
dvd and gps overide computer, along with rear bumper led lights were purchased from prestigious society.. you can google it. all were put in place by myself. the tail lights was put in fairly easy by putting my car rear end on a car ramp. the wire is threaded up behind the bumper thru a rubber seal into the trunk compartment, then wire into each light wiring hardness. you do not need to remove the light assembly. you do need to pull back the trunk liner, but that was easy. the computer for the entertainment center was more involved, requiring removal of the instrument panel to gain access to the back of the radio. took me a couple hours, but now would take half hour or less once you know how to take it off. it helps to buy a plastic pry set from pepboys to avoid damaging panels. in an avalon limited, you can watch dvd or input address in the gps only when your car is stationary, in park , and possibly with the parking brake depressed. now all that is bypassed. my wife can watch a movie while i am driving. it is wonderful.. it came with instruction with pics on how to do the job.

·
Registered
7 Posts
price paid

2014 xle touring with BSM (blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert) and carpet floor mats; paid $31,900 plus taxes/fees here in Norcal; sparkling crimson mica color with all black interior; 0.9% APR for 60 months

·
PJSMITH
1,681 Posts
AV hybrid lmtd with tech pkg (plus the damn IQ charger) and floor mats.

STICKER list minus 10% by calculator. I saw the dealer list and it's 800 over dealer invoice.
They have to make a buck to stay in business, too. my warranty out to 6 years BTB for 1600 area.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.