Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
slut
06 Sport DC
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I may be selling my truck here shortly. :cursin: If I have to end up selling it, I'm not sure what to ask for it.

Heres a list of what would be on it, if I sold it:

2006 Toyota Tacoma Pre-runner TRD Sport
Indigo Ink, Double Cab Long Bed
Under 35k miles

Toytec 3 inch lift
TRD exhaust
Grillcraft Grille w/ Hella 500's
Black headlight housing
16in MotoMetal 951B's
Nitto Tera Grapplers 285/75R16 (only 10k on them)
Tinted Tail lights
Weathertech floor mats (front and back)
Tinted windows to match the back
TRD Skid Plate painted black
Mini antenna

Thanks for the help guys

·
That's Just Crazy!!
284 Posts
I'd say at least 20K with your mods.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Aftermarket mods do not increase the book value by much if at all. You'd have to find somebody who likes exactly what you did to the truck, and who is willing to pay for it. That is usually difficult from my past experience. Many buyers will even turn around when they see a lift / wheels (for obvious reasons. Don't show them your TN signature! :clap:)
You may be better off bringing the truck back to stock and selling the add on's separately (here on TN for example).

Good luck!

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
kbb.com and edmunds.com forget the mods. You will not get more than 500$ in value for them. Its sad but true. :thumbup:

Nice truck BTW

·
05 TRD Sport Tacoma
755 Posts
Dibs on Even Trade for tails and headlights!!

·
That's Just Crazy!!
284 Posts
True, might be worth more if brought back to stock. Plus you get the cash for you mods.

·
Slightly Sane
06 TRD Sport Ex. Cab
580 Posts
kbb.com and edmunds.com forget the mods. You will not get more than 500$ in value for them. Its sad but true. :thumbup:
x2

Sometimes people see a modified/lifted truck and try to lowball you because they are worried you have already "driven the shit out it." When I had my lifted 1988 Toyota Pickup I would get comments on the truck all the time about how great it looked and how nice it must be to have a truck like that. However, when I went to sell it I had several people try to lowball me on the price and I was only asking bluebook value for the truck in stock configuration. Oddly enough someone t-boned me and totalled the truck about 2 weeks after I listed it for sale. I ended up putting it back to stock and sold my aftermarket parts separately before the wrecker came and took the truck from my house.

·
Premium Member
07 DC TRD OR 4x4
1,000 Posts
Try NADA.com (national auto dealers association), that's what we use at work to find values of cars. It's better the KBB and the others, but still not that good. Best thing is to try to find similar vehicles to yours for sale in your area.

·
slut
06 Sport DC
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

I haven't really put much thought into parting it out, simply because I don't want to even part ways with it. I've been looking at Tacoma's around here for sale on craigslist, and by those prices, 22k is on the low end for my truck. So hopefully I will have a few weeks to decide what I want to do.

·
Official Misfit
1,453 Posts
as a point of refrence a dealer offered 12k for my truck as a trade in. worked out to be about 15% annual depriation off my purchase price (before tax)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.