Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Corolla 7g
i tried for the umpteenth time over several days now and still a NO GO!

is there a trick to employ
what would you do??

yes, it has stopped leaking fuel since this pic was taken after the tube kinked bad on a soft spot

pic of the fitting opposite

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
13,728 Posts
I would do the 2 wrench trick. Put one on the small but and another on the large nut.

·
Registered
1997 Corolla
5,473 Posts
In the first picture it looks like you have the wrench on the part that doesn't turn. That is just to there to hold it in place. The smaller nut turns. Sorry, if you already know this.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would do the 2 wrench trick. Put one on the small but and another on the large nut.
Have you dealt with rusty crusty like this :ROFLMAO:, it's on there good!
Soaked it for two days at least in transmission fluid, I heard about doing that before and it didn't work yet
In the first picture it looks like you have the wrench on the part that doesn't turn. That is just to there to hold it in place. The smaller nut turns. Sorry, if you already know this.
Yes, I was using my crowfoot 19mm with ratchet to apply opposing force (to keep that discontinued piece from turning) and possible kinking because I have no clue what the pipe material is made of! It's not highly corrosive like all the other tubes are, I don't get that at all!!

Then I was using a channel lock pliers to firmly grip the crusty tube fitting and turn counterclockwise as the usual, unless the turn is different for this line? But all the force I could muster was not good enough.

The fsm diagrams for fuel lines looks to be a torque of 30 Nm

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
13,728 Posts
Guess the crust wins this time.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guess the crust wins this time.
Car is broken down until it gets undone and new tube line hooked into
So it cannot win lol

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
13,728 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Corolla
5,473 Posts
Using channel lock pliers may be squeezing the nut onto the pipe and making it harder to turn. Why not use a flare nut wrench on both at the same time?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Using channel lock pliers may be squeezing the nut onto the pipe and making it harder to turn. Why not use a flare nut wrench on both at the same time?
i will have to look at the new tube again to get a reference on how the nut could even do that !!

at first i tried the flare-nut crowfoot with a ratchet on the main tube while holding the outlet pipe with channel lock pliers, and ended up twisting the line bad fuel leak lol

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
is it at all possible that threadlocker loctite was used at point of the assembly of this fuel fitting ?!?!?!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nephew gave it a better shot than i with the newly picked AZ flareNut wrench 14mm and still a NO GO
and that connecter even started stripping, was not TITE in the flareNut wrench like the new tube fitting is!
what to do now?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the other end...
talk to me, TN

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The fsm instructs this to be torqued to 30 Nm

SST. 09631-22020

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
duplicate

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I do not possess a replacement fuel pump in tank bracket to even begin to understand how the puxk it turns and fastens at fitting
Need outlet line off to torch other side, this is the goal

·
Registered
1997 Corolla
5,473 Posts
I would put a good flare nut wrench on both parts with a slight angle between them then just squeeze them together with 2 hands and hope for the best. Just make sure you are turning them the correct way.

Reactions: 97tacomaHA

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would put a good flare nut wrench on both parts with a slight angle between them then just squeeze them together with 2 hands and hope for the best. Just make sure you are turning them the correct way.
do both of the fittings Turn? or does one stay stationary not able to turn?

somebody must've had to replace fuel pump before and needed to undo this part to get the pump bracket out of the tank!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i find it difficult to fathom that Nobody here has removed & replaced a fuel pump and can offer up which one of these fittings turn and which one is stationary, or do they both turn? and how difficult it is to remove without twisting too much if its never been undone before
10d...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts