Toyota Nation Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Toyota Avalon Limited W/Premium Package +
673 Posts
still could not budge the thing today!
Man that's insane. Maybe the PO epoxied all the joints? :ROFLMAO:
I think it's time to give in and just take it to a shop to get fixed.

·
Registered
1997 Corolla
5,610 Posts
Or just go for it and if the tube on the pump bracket side breaks then you need to find a new pump bracket.

·
Registered
2013 Toyota Avalon Limited W/Premium Package +
673 Posts
Or just go for it and if the tube on the pump bracket side breaks then you need to find a new pump bracket.
With the way it's going I wonder if the cover would even come off the tank.

·
Token Aussie
1998 AE102, 2018 ZRE182
2,378 Posts
With the way it's going I wonder if the cover would even come off the tank.
Those little cap screws sure do like to strip...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
a new oe bracket is still available for about $70, i already have the gasket and a new set of shiny screws ;)
i foresee swapping a fuel pump over to be challenging, waiting for the tank to burst to go down that rabbit hole

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Man that's insane. Maybe the PO epoxied all the joints? :ROFLMAO:
I think it's time to give in and just take it to a shop to get fixed.
probably epoxied at the point of assembly!
i did not even attempt to undo the other end at the filter, just broke the rotted tube in half at a weak point and ripped it out
its likely i would have to get the car towed anyways to get an allignment after all these new shiny front suspension and steering parts are finished installed
then i can just tell them to make sure the fuel system is properly pressurized and not leaking at the new filter junction

a little HV sheep fat ought to prevent that salty crusty from ever happening ever again

Reactions: GaryQ

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
something quite odd happened yesterday. fuel started leaking out of that open tube from the tank as the temperature became much hotter, it hadn't leaked before after the tube was broken and everything in the tube up to the filter drained into the coffee can

BUT the tank only has a bit less than 1/4 in it, about 3 gallons at the most

i recall the faint odor of fuel vapor whenever i had time to get under over the past month and give the fitting another go at undoing it, but it never actually dripped liquid until yesterday.

the only thing that was different was the recent installation of the new evap tube/hose to the evap outlet off of the tank, which had been open to the atmosphere before hence the vapor smell down under there. I had the other end of the evap tube still taped before attaching it to the canister yesterday so it was blocking the gas and causing enough buildup in the tank due to the rising temps that maybe it pushed the rest of the fuel from the pump or wherever that did not initially drain out from the snapped tube

i had to relieve pressure in the tank by unscrewing the fuel cap a bit, and it hissed quite a bit. maybe the tank should have been completely full before this project was started?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·

Genuine Online Car Parts CatalogueToyota Car & Auto Spare PartsToyota Corolla77209-12090
TUBE SUB-ASSY, FUEL PUMP
Genuine Toyota (7720912090)
77209-12090
Weight 0.09 kgs
Catalog TUBE SUB-ASSY, FUEL PUMP
FromPrice, USDShipping cost to
United States of America
Delivered to you byAvailability
Japan35.2419.6101 - 05 Aug>1
This part may fit to
For reference only. We're not guarantee 100% compatibility.
Model

Toyota Corolla

Engine

4AFE 4EFE 7AFE

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
bummer big!

Amayama Trading Co.
Hi!
Your order #11407014 is out of stock at the supplier. The refund has been just sent back to you. Apologies for any inconvenience.

TitleQuantityPrice, USD
Toyota 77209-12090 - TUBE SUB-ASSY, FUEL PUMP
Production stopped
EMS International (1 - the 3rd of August)0.085 kg0
Refund54.85
Regards, Amayama.com.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts