Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive done a search and im tired of looking. with forged rods and pistons...how much power can be expected before the sleeves in the 5sfe decide to take a dump? do any companies make blockguards for the motor? thanks.
 

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
Joined
·
2,558 Posts
Dirty said:
ive done a search and im tired of looking. with forged rods and pistons...how much power can be expected before the sleeves in the 5sfe decide to take a dump? do any companies make blockguards for the motor? thanks.
-Turbo or N/A ???
-over bored ???

-Turbo = most whp I've seen sooo far is about 990whp from Rosado Racing Corolla...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im wanting turbo.

im still debating on if i wanna do a 3sgte head on my camry. if i do, i wanna get nasty with it. i guess my question is....will just rods, pistons, and proper cooling handle 300whp, or even 350whp? i'd like to get about 20-30K miles out of it.
 

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
Joined
·
2,558 Posts
Dirty said:
im wanting turbo.

im still debating on if i wanna do a 3sgte head on my camry. if i do, i wanna get nasty with it. i guess my question is....will just rods, pistons, and proper cooling handle 300whp, or even 350whp? i'd like to get about 20-30K miles out of it.
with pistons, rods, head gasket and supporting mods ... as in fuel and a good turbo setup then you can get 350 reliable wheel horsepower...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
preciate it Wraith. is the block open deck or closed deck? if its open, are there any block guards available? and is Pauter the only company that makes rods for the 5sfe? and what about pistons, who makes them? i think ive seen Ross sets available, but is that it? i'll prolly end up getting custom Wiseco's.
 

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
Joined
·
2,558 Posts
Dirty said:
preciate it Wraith. is the block open deck or closed deck? if its open, are there any block guards available? and is Pauter the only company that makes rods for the 5sfe? and what about pistons, who makes them? i think ive seen Ross sets available, but is that it? i'll prolly end up getting custom Wiseco's.

only brands I turst for off the shelf performance...

CP pistons because their quality beats everything and everyone elses pistons on the market... Other companies advertise that their pistons have low silicone ... But CP Pistonshas zero silicone pistons...

Puater Machine rods are the very best for off the shelf rods...

But if you have the connections .... I would get my hands on custom rods from a company called 300M .... They cater to proffessional racing teams...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i work for a honda engine development company/race team. with them i can get custom Wiseco's, and the owner was saying something about custom Oliver rods. i've never heard of them, but he trusts them more than Pauter. my car is an auto, so if i do this im gonna have to swap out to a 5 speed...im sure the auto isnt up to the task to handle any power. then i started thinking about the axles, so know im not sure about doing this anymore. just too much money for a car thats worth 3K.
 

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
Joined
·
2,558 Posts
Dirty said:
i work for a honda engine development company/race team. with them i can get custom Wiseco's, and the owner was saying something about custom Oliver rods. i've never heard of them, but he trusts them more than Pauter. my car is an auto, so if i do this im gonna have to swap out to a 5 speed...im sure the auto isnt up to the task to handle any power. then i started thinking about the axles, so know im not sure about doing this anymore. just too much money for a car thats worth 3K.
yes it is ... But thats where people like me and tony are. We love our Camrys and wouldnt want to ever get rid of them ... So we modify the cars that we love...
 

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
Joined
·
2,558 Posts
initial-T said:
what about n/a?
what do you mean n/a ??? Come on man, think about it... it should be the same as turbocharged... A n/a motor will not stress out the block more than a turbocharged application will
 

·
Camry Baka
Joined
·
150 Posts
i got a question about the swap, if you go with a mr2 turbo ecu, does it have a speed limiter on it? and if so how do you remove that crap. I noticed on my camy it has a speed limiter which sucks...120 mph and then it feels like it pulls and i cant push it any further. I kinda want to get rid of my speed limiter too heh
 

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
Joined
·
2,558 Posts
Terriyaki said:
i got a question about the swap, if you go with a mr2 turbo ecu, does it have a speed limiter on it? and if so how do you remove that crap. I noticed on my camy it has a speed limiter which sucks...120 mph and then it feels like it pulls and i cant push it any further. I kinda want to get rid of my speed limiter too heh
A speed limiter ??? I dont know about you but any time you hit the speed limiter on a Camry, your going too fast. Unless your at the track... But you can take the limiter off any car using a HKS speed cut defencer which are hard to find. Or having the computer re-chipped by G-force aka TechToms... This isnt just for the MR2's its for any car..
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top