Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Like the title said and my name, I am from Markham planning to sell my 1998 toyota corolla and i wonder how much money can i get from it.

Spec:
LE Automatic
78000km
Black exterior colour with minor scratches but nice and shiny
grey custom leather seats
pioneer cd player and upgraded speakers
X ice winter tires
lady driven (my mom)
AC (perfect conditions)
factory rust proof
factory alarm with remote
power windows and locks

How much can i really get from this? I went to mini dealership and he said my trade in is around 7000, it can be a little bit more after examing in more details. If i am going to do private sales, it will be at least more than 8000 to even worth it since i can save tax from trade in. I am thinking about asking 10000 but selling for 9500. This is really a mint car, what do you guys think.

Samson

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
check trader.ca for similar cars and see how much they're going for.

·
Registered
28 Posts
98 for 8000? the dealer is on crack, take the deal and trade it in fast, the car is not worth more then 6000, look on the trader and take 30% off the listing price, cause nobody is stupid enough to pay the full advertised price.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
getliquid said:
98 for 8000? the dealer is on crack, take the deal and trade it in fast, the car is not worth more then 6000, look on the trader and take 30% off the listing price, cause nobody is stupid enough to pay the full advertised price.
he's in Canada fool :hammer: :)

·
searchin'
389 Posts
that's great mileage for a '98 :thumbup: but for a pretty common car like the 8th gen, i would expect around $6-8000 tops, even with all the power options like the LE. my '00 has significant mods (TRD), but that wouldn't really make it worth for me to sell it, since modifications don't really raise the bar, in terms of selling price. private sales would yield a higher pricetag.

good luck with the sale! :thumbup:

btw, did you say custom leather seats? are those just covers, or did you reupholster the actual seats? front & rear? can we see some pics? :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes thats $7000cdn for trade in, so if i go private sales, i have to go at least 8000 to make it even.

The custom leather seats are for front and back seats, arm rest, and door panel. I will post picture tml after i take some pictures. it match perfect with my interior. I dont understand whats the difference between cover and reupholster ? What happened is the fabric is taken off and the leather is put on, so it is stock foam seat.

you think i will have a chance of selling above 8500 to 9500 for private ?
I know trader.ca works but they never have my milage and my condition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts