Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
'08 tacoma pre-runner
tacoma
520 Posts
im not laughing at you cause iv done some pretty embarrassing things that id never admit but the posts you got to that were fricken hilarious!! good luck with that man doing shit wrong really does suck

·
Semper Paratus
92 Posts
bummer, this is why mechanics make so much.

"You're not paying me for what I'm doing, you're paying me for what I know."
-Head tech at MMI

·
Registered
'12 Ram 1500 HEMI
1,138 Posts
no one can be that dumb can they....wait, and your a medic....i could see it now...."medic, give this man a shot in the but w/ morphine".....medic cuts off the persons finger....just following the tacoma logic.....

·
Shake & Bake
'09 Tacoma AC 4x4
16 Posts
Rough pal

I'm really sorry to hear that pal. On the bright side, you didn't drive it down the road with no trans fluid, so be thankful for that. Everyone's entiled to a bad day. You sir, have used it up!

I thought I would see a photo of what I did a while back. I drained the oil with out putting the drain pan under the truck. What a mess.

DS

·
Resident Jackass
'07 Tacoma TRD OR
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no one can be that dumb can they....wait, and your a medic....i could see it now...."medic, give this man a shot in the but w/ morphine".....medic cuts off the persons finger....just following the tacoma logic.....
Here I am, bearing my soul, heart in my hands for my compatriots to learn from my mistake or at least get a giggle, and here you go a shit all over it.

I can't give morphine I'm an EMT not a paramedic.

But yeah, I dun fucked up.

·
Dave's
1,946 Posts
Knew a girl who wanted her windshield washers to work. Someone told her to just pour it in the white plastic container under the hood. So there I was draining her brake fluid, refilling and bleeding. So it goes.

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
for the love of god! the tras is BEHIND the motor. :lol:

·
Registered
2006 Silver Dbl Cab
647 Posts
I read all 5 pages. Man, that was just friggin hilarious! Did you get your truck back from the mechanic?

At least you are being a good sport about it and rolling with the punches! I agree with what someone said over on the other forum. Have your mechanic remove the hood latch and put a lock on the hood so that you aren't tempted to do anything else to your truck.

·
'Coma Nut
1,210 Posts
The oil pan would be the one attached to the motor...:headbang:

As for pouring the ATF back into a reservoir with the same colored fluid, 'nuff said. Stick with what you know. If you don't know it, learn before you act.

·
jpspartan09
08 Tacoma
454 Posts
well man that's an easy fix. at least you werent backing up and hit a sonic pole :disappoin

·
I Like 'Ze Best
2007 TRD Sport
1,722 Posts
well man that's an easy fix. at least you werent backing up and hit a sonic pole :disappoin
Be glad the truck isn't fubar. I know several people here have accidently drained their transmission fluid trying to change their oil. Personally, I don't think I would have posted my experience if I did that. It made for a good read though! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
'12 Ram 1500 HEMI
1,138 Posts
Here I am, bearing my soul, heart in my hands for my compatriots to learn from my mistake or at least get a giggle, and here you go a shit all over it.

I can't give morphine I'm an EMT not a paramedic.

But yeah, I dun fucked up.
i dont care what you say, you deserve every bit of what your getting for your actions. if you dont know, dont do it....

·
Registered
2008 DC TRD Sport
38 Posts
:respect: Kudo's for owning up to your mistake... er mistakes. Glad to hear you had the truck towed to have a mechanic fix the situation.

When I started reading your post. I was feeling bad for you, but as I read the responses I couldn't hold the laughter back. By the end of the 5 pages I was rolling on the floor and had tears in my eyes. Great way to start the morning.:clap:

You plan on doing any other work to your truck. Would love to be kept posted, could definitely use another good laugh like today.

Thanks for the Laughs, that was awsome :thumbsup:

·
Grey
To be determined....
145 Posts
My head hurts........ It's happened before, but putting it back into the tranny through the radiator is a new twist. Priceless!

·
Resident Jackass
'07 Tacoma TRD OR
39 Posts
for the love of god! the tras is BEHIND the motor. :lol:
The oil pan would be the one attached to the motor...:headbang:

As for pouring the ATF back into a reservoir with the same colored fluid, 'nuff said. Stick with what you know. If you don't know it, learn before you act.

Yeah unfortunately the walk through I was following didn't have skid plates on the demo truck, so when I couldn't find the second plug I figured I had the oil pan cause surely the oil plug would be much easier to find than the tranny plug. But no.

As for refilling it. I panicked and I shouldn't have. But I learned and I did manage to change my oil after all. Haven't gotten it back from the mechanic seeing as it's easter weekend and they won't be able to look at it till Monday.

i dont care what you say, you deserve every bit of what your getting for your actions. if you dont know, dont do it....
Yes I deserve it, I never said I didn't. I bet if you make a mistake you don't man up and admit it, you probably look around to make sure nobody saw you. Anyways if you're going to be a jerk instead of having a laugh at my idiocy then I really have nothing further to say to you.

:respect: Kudo's for owning up to your mistake... er mistakes. Glad to hear you had the truck towed to have a mechanic fix the situation.

When I started reading your post. I was feeling bad for you, but as I read the responses I couldn't hold the laughter back. By the end of the 5 pages I was rolling on the floor and had tears in my eyes. Great way to start the morning.:clap:

You plan on doing any other work to your truck. Would love to be kept posted, could definitely use another good laugh like today.

Thanks for the Laughs, that was awsome :thumbsup:
Next week I'm doing a piece by piece featurette of changing my neighbors oil in the spirit of paying it forward.

·
Registered
2006 Silver Dbl Cab
647 Posts
Someone had a bad bowl of Wheaties this morning. "If you don't know, don't do it"...what kind of logic is that? How does one learn then? Yeah, you can read up on it, but you still don't really know until you do it.

He made a mistake, a damn big mistake and funny as hell (for us)! But he learned...I think.

Good luck on future oil changes, Krazie. Might I suggest you purchase a Fumoto drain valve. Search for Fumoto here. That will drastically increase your chances for getting the right oil the first time.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts