Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Breakin' necks since '02!
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Camry is dropped 1.8" all around on Dropzone springs and a notch has been cut from the bumpstops. I also have 19x8.5" wheels (+40 offset) with 235/35/19 tires. I was told by a mechanic that it'd be wise to run some of these because since the car is so low and the wheels are kinda wide. When I hit big bumps it makes a terrible scraping noise. My fenders are rolled and I'm using 5mm spacers to push the wheel out from rubbing against the struts. He suggested coil spring spacers because he said overtime I'm gonna either rip my sidewalls off or I won't be able to open my rear door. So my question is how safe are these types of things? Anyone have any experience with them?

Here's what I'm talking about. These are 1" spacers.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
i don't know many people who have used them...

·
R.I.P. '95 Camry LE V6
'95 Toyota Camry LE
1,267 Posts
my cousin used some spring spacer for his integra. he had the sprint spring and it sagging like a mofo. 1 1/4 drop is more like 2 inch drop. lol

so to answer your question, not sure how safe they are but i seen some being used.

·
The Greek....
96 Camry
1,472 Posts
Those are fine, alot of people with mercedes run them (including my dad), so yeah, there fine.

·
Breakin' necks since '02!
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright cool i'm gonna order 2 then. Does it make a difference which 2 coils you put these between? I assume you just chose the ones that are the size of the spacer.

·
The Greek....
96 Camry
1,472 Posts
Alright cool i'm gonna order 2 then. Does it make a difference which 2 coils you put these between? I assume you just chose the ones that are the size of the spacer.
if im not mistaken, they go on top of the spring, they dont go inbetween.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts