Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I activate Daylight running lights all the time as per Canadian Law in my 98 Camry, I know it could work if you turn on the headlight switch all the time, But the requirement is not to have any control on your car lights.
I would appreciate any help.
Thanks

·
Registered
750 Posts
They were standard on most gen4 cars and optional on the others. My guess is that the wiring harnesses are the same, but there is a missing jumper somewhere. I don't know where it is, but you will probably find it in an open spot in one of the fuse boxes.
If you can't find it, there are kits available to make the mod.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Hm.... I thought they were standard on all of the gen 4s but i guess not. But wasn't your canadian law put in effect in if i remember correctly, 1990 give or take 2 years?:confused:

·
Road Trippin'
63 Posts
I have a '98 Camry (bought in California), and I definitely don't have DRL.

·
Registered
145 Posts
check and c if ur camry has a silvery box w/ yellow sticker on it, it should be located behind the passenger's firewall........

**the silve box should be located in the red circle in the attach pic

If u dun have it, then u cant activate the DRL, n u have to add ur own,

·
Whine Connoisseur
6,573 Posts
Here's what the box LWF is talking about looks like. (copy and paste URL in new window)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid90/p7439f963b9de5ebb411c87f536c813e1/fa76c1d5.jpg.orig.jpg

Otherwise, you'll have to rig up the lights DIY or get a DRL kit.

·
Registered
750 Posts
There are different ones out there, but it looks similar to the box used to hook up trailer lights. Most just allow the low beams to run at about 50% when the car is started. (day time running lights) The OEM uses 4 relays, which makes harder to add on after the fact.

·
Registered
145 Posts
hey fhashmat, cant u just go for mission w/o having DRL??

itz winter now, just go after 6 or when itz rainning, then turn on ur low-beam, n go for emission test, i dun think they are that mean to turn off ur lites to c if have DRL or not.........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts