Toyota Nation Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Heart Art
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of our friends who like to post the same question 3 or 4 times in row, this is for you. You may want to print it so you can review it while you post. We begin by clicking the "new thread" button located on the 2005+ Tacoma forum. Once clicked your browser will bring you into a new window with a title box as well as a message box. First we must think of a title for our "thread." Once an appropriate thread title has been assigned, it is then time to post your message. type your message in the larger box located below the title box you just completed. Now that you have a title and message you are almost ready to post your new thread. Below the box in which you typed your message you will notice some smiley faces and flags, don't be alarmed, you do not have to use them if you don't feel comforatable. look just below the icons and you will notice a button which reads "Submit New Thread." This is the button we will use to show our new thread to the rest of the Tacoma community. Please be careful and make sure we don't hit the "Submit New Thread" button more than once, this can create multiple new threads which are very annoying. If your computer locks or doesn't respond when you press the "Submit New Thread" button be patient. I will be at work a little while longer should anyone have any questions.

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,744 Posts
^ now that right there is an exceptional report there fella. :) :thumbup:

·
Tragically Hip
342 Posts
You forgot to add "Use The Search Feature" and please "add to existing threads" before starting the same MPG, Ticking, Problems and other duplicate threads that have been around for two years on this forum.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Nice thread:

Addendum to this thread should be, "How to create a title for a thread".

Titles not to create:

"How does this work?"
How does what work? I don't want to have to open the thread to see what your talking about.

"Look"
Look at what? I don't want to have to open the thread to see what your talking about.

"Tacoma Stuff"
OK. I don't want to have to open the thread to see what your talking about.

"Trucks"
? I don't want to have to open the thread to see what your talking about

Mediocre Titles include but are not exclusive to:

"Does this truck make my butt look big"
At least I know not to open this thread. Unless your girlfriend hijacked your username and your posting yourself.

"More shots of my truck"
Not bad at least I know there are pics inside, more detail would be nice like are your girlfriends in the pics?

"My Tacoma is the best"
OK, probably a thread to avoid, unless you add, " because I have naked pics of my girlfriend that I want to share with you.

"Do I smell funny"
I would wonder if this was tacoma related, but at least I have a jist for what is coming.

No real thread titles were used in this rant, to spare the feelings of any tacoma owners.
I can only hope it makes a point.

Rant Over

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Jesse1983 said:
For all of our friends who like to post the same question 3 or 4 times in row, this is for you.
Jesse, I am absolutely sure that nobody intentionally posts their thread up 2-3 times in a row. Sometimes this forum(and other's) will have a glitch and will automatically post a new thread/reply two or more times. It happens. It's usually deleted shortly by a mod.

We know how to use the internet. The real purpose of this thread of yours is to redicule the person who had that triple post. Not cool man.

I'm sure you will eventually have a double/triple post yourself.

·
Go Hokies!
194 Posts
cam2Xrunner said:
Jesse, I am absolutely sure that nobody intentionally posts their thread up 2-3 times in a row. Sometimes this forum(and other's) will have a glitch and will automatically post a new thread/reply two or more times. It happens. It's usually deleted shortly by a mod.

We know how to use the internet. The real purpose of this thread of yours is to redicule the person who had that triple post. Not cool man.

:lol::rofl::lol::rofl:...BURN!!

·
Chicks dig it...!
'06 Tacoma EC Sport
1,893 Posts
Jesse1983 said:
For all of our friends who like to post the same question 3 or 4 times in row, this is for you. You may want to print it so you can review it while you post. We begin by clicking the "new thread" button located on the 2005+ Tacoma forum. Once clicked your browser will bring you into a new window with a title box as well as a message box. First we must think of a title for our "thread." Once an appropriate thread title has been assigned, it is then time to post your message. type your message in the larger box located below the title box you just completed. Now that you have a title and message you are almost ready to post your new thread. Below the box in which you typed your message you will notice some smiley faces and flags, don't be alarmed, you do not have to use them if you don't feel comforatable. look just below the icons and you will notice a button which reads "Submit New Thread." This is the button we will use to show our new thread to the rest of the Tacoma community. Please be careful and make sure we don't hit the "Submit New Thread" button more than once, this can create multiple new threads which are very annoying. If your computer locks or doesn't respond when you press the "Submit New Thread" button be patient. I will be at work a little while longer should anyone have any questions.
Rage aginast the machine , man! Rage against the machine! Just no need to rage against the man trying to use the machine, man...! The server has always been slow...

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,744 Posts
novataco said:
Rage aginast the machine , man! Rage against the machine! Just no need to rage against the man trying to use the machine, man...! The server has always been slow...
i love that band whenever i wanna feel like a total badass roll down the windows, turn up ac all the, way pop in the cd, put on the shades, and im bad with a fist full of steel.:cool:

·
Registered
378 Posts
LiquidClen said:
PS, you don't have to open the thread... you can hold you mouse on it for a few seconds and read the preview...
I do that some times but often enough the thread still has not come to a point.

I really don't mind it that much, I just thought as long as we were venting :)

·
Unleashed....
2005 Tacoma V6
212 Posts
Amen.:)

666? Damn too late....

·
Registered
153 Posts
cam2Xrunner said:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Thank you Cam!

Seems there are a few people around that put ALOT of effort in making others feel stupid.

·
I'm sick of searching!!!
220 Posts
I don't get it? :confused:

·
I'm sick of searching!!!
220 Posts
I don't get it? :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
ponq said:
Nice thread:

Addendum to this thread should be, "How to create a title for a thread".

Titles not to create:

"How does this work?"
How does what work? I don't want to have to open the thread to see what your talking about.

"Look"
Look at what? I don't want to have to open the thread to see what your talking about.

"Tacoma Stuff"
OK. I don't want to have to open the thread to see what your talking about.

"Trucks"
? I don't want to have to open the thread to see what your talking about

Mediocre Titles include but are not exclusive to:

"Does this truck make my butt look big"
At least I know not to open this thread. Unless your girlfriend hijacked your username and your posting yourself.

"More shots of my truck"
Not bad at least I know there are pics inside, more detail would be nice like are your girlfriends in the pics?

"My Tacoma is the best"
OK, probably a thread to avoid, unless you add, " because I have naked pics of my girlfriend that I want to share with you.

"Do I smell funny"
I would wonder if this was tacoma related, but at least I have a jist for what is coming.

No real thread titles were used in this rant, to spare the feelings of any tacoma owners.
I can only hope it makes a point.

Rant Over
It also seems that people put ALOT of effort into being funny! And ponq, this was funny!:lol: :clap: :thumbsup: :rofl: :bowdown:

·
Heart Art
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey guys my whole intention with this was just to bust some balls and have some fun. Truth is when i posted this it took so long that i almost hit the submit button twice myself. for future reference no one should take anything i say to heart.

Bigblue said:
Remember what I said in the other thread. Seems to me it is becoming true. :rolleyes:
Bigblue, what's the point of all of us writing back and forth all the time if we can't have any fun? You're my boy blue!

I'm not the type of person that gets mad when i see the same topic or question covered multiple times. but on the other hand if something about it is funny to me i like to say so. i just don't want anyone to confuse my well intentioned sarcasm with rudeness.

and ponq, you're hilarious man!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.