Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will go on vacation for a month. My corolla is parked on my driveway with security camera. I don't want a loud car drives by and trigger my alarm which will annoy all my neighbors.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I assume you have an aftermarket alarm (even a Karr system or equivalent installed by the dealer, pretending it "comes with the car" to charge you more). So one would need the make and model to be able to help. Otherwise, you have nothing to fear from the original equipment of the car: just an immobilizer and, at worst, the wimpy horn sound IF someone enter the car and try to start it without the appropriate key.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I assume you have an aftermarket alarm (even a Karr system or equivalent installed by the dealer, pretending it "comes with the car" to charge you more). So one would need the make and model to be able to help. Otherwise, you have nothing to fear from the original equipment of the car: just an immobilizer and, at worst, the wimpy horn sound IF someone enter the car and try to start it without the appropriate key.
The alarm came with the car. When alarm trigger, how long will it automatically stop? 5min?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts