Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Homer Lusk Collyer
AE92
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is one of the best mods you can do to your car in my opinion.

Long story short... here's what you need to unplug to stop the chime from sounding whenever you leave the door open with the key in the ignition.

This won't disable the chime completely, just for the door. If you turn the ignition to "On" and don't have the driver seatbelt fastened, the chime will sound 12 times. You can leave the key turned to Accessory and blare the stereo with the doors open this way.

Step 1: unplug the wire connector shown below.

Step 2: there is no step 2.

Other links:

How-To: Install a coolant flushing kit and flush the coolant - http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2811745

·
Registered
38 Posts
omg, i dont even have that wire nor chime :)
only sound i have is the beeeeep when key is "off" and headlights ''on''

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hello Ghostyman, I want to do the same on my 91 4AFE sedan DX but will the light still come on when I open the doors? If they don't then I would rather search for the actual noise maker & disconnect that. I like that the light comes on when the droors are open.

Also, do you know where the actual chime is? Thanks

·
Homer Lusk Collyer
AE92
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty sure the light comes on but not positive. I've got the headliner and dome light removed on my car right now while I look for a sunroof. From looking at the wiring, I think this will only affect the ignition part of the circuit, not the door part.

I never did follow up to figure out where the chime itself came from.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have no chime when my lights are left on.
Its annoying sometimes if I don't notice. (happens occasionally)

I just clipped the wire to my door chime. I hated it that much

·
Custom User Title
1992 Corolla Dx 84k
104 Posts
mine only has one long toneeeeeeeeeeeeee when the door is open with the key in it, nothing for the lights being on or seat belt not buckled. lol...

·
Registered
62 Posts
mine only has one long toneeeeeeeeeeeeee when the door is open with the key in it, nothing for the lights being on or seat belt not buckled. lol...
our cars are not nice ones to us man lol
all I had was my key warning..now not even that lol just nothin :p

·
Custom User Title
1992 Corolla Dx 84k
104 Posts
haha. yea they arnt nice.

these cars grew on me. i hated it when i got mine, i got it for free basically so cant complain.but its so slow compared to my pontiac that i was using as a daily at the time. but these are fun little cars and have their own personality lol.

well its not that they are mean or arnt nice.. they are just unique in their own little special ways haha

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
our cars are not nice ones to us man lol
all I had was my key warning..now not even that lol just nothin :p
As far as I know, the plugs lead to a small black module under the dash which controls the sound when you leave your lights on or have your door open etc (this is how it is on the 7th gen models anyway, so I assume it would be the same on the 6th gen). Just follow the wires from the plug and you should be able to find it. Yours might have failed somehow. Would be cheap to replace, but that depends if you can put up with the beeping sound again or not, haha.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts