Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
yeah what Leinad said. What you really want to do first is make sure the rear brakes are adjsuted up good. However if you ahve rear discs then there isnt much reason for them to not be adjsuted. The reason they get out of adjustment is the shoes wearing and there being more clearance between the drums and the shoes.

I know all the V6 Camry's here in the US get rear disc brakes so I am assuming your does also. BUt you should be able to pull the center console and I believe there is an adjuster of some type there. NOt the entire center console jsut the arm rest junk pocket in between the seats. shouldnt be to hard to pull out. Normally jsut two screws under the felt padding in the bottom of the pocket. Once you get those out you have to pick up on the back of the console and pull towards the back at the same time. It is held in with plastic clips at the front where it meets the console that surrounds the shifter assembly.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
speaking of Gen 4 handbrakes, mine is an i4 btw... well anyways, mine doesnt seem to work. it "feels" fine when you pull up the break, but it doesnt even... er.. "break." i tried having the car not moving and then having the e-brake up. and it still starts to roll. whats wrong? should i adjust something?

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
superp1noy said:
speaking of Gen 4 handbrakes, mine is an i4 btw... well anyways, mine doesnt seem to work. it "feels" fine when you pull up the break, but it doesnt even... er.. "break." i tried having the car not moving and then having the e-brake up. and it still starts to roll. whats wrong? should i adjust something?
You need to have the rear brakes cleaned and adiusted. Or you can do it yourself. There have been several threads on the topic. It is a fairly simple process you can do yourself if you want or have the desire to try it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.