Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1996 Toyota Corolla
10,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally getting my Corolla painted, full paint job (after the same shop does the fixing). I got a good quote, agreeing to do some prep myself. She person told me to take off all window trim and the door handles. Door handles should be fairly easy, but I have no clue how to take off the trim under the windows and behind the rear windows. Any advice/instructions? And anything else I should do to prepare it for a full paint job without incurring extra cost?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Remove headlights, tail lights, mirrors, emblems, body side molding, handles, rear door quarter glass, trunk center trim, trim around doors, loosen bumpers.

Rear door quarter glass has a bracket with a Phillip screw on top of door under rubber gasket & 10mm behind door panel.

·
1996 Toyota Corolla
10,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My paint shop just taped over all those things.
The shop offered taping it, but said that when taping it creates edges that will eventually peel. Especially due to moisture getting under them (and I live in a place that's always foggy, so I'd rather not risk it). She recommended either paying her to take off the trim or doing so myself so she can paint it fully. I'd just like to know how to take the pieces off under the glass (I need to paint one anyway).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.