Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Corolla S
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and found a ton of threads on how to disable the auto door locks but I have the opposite problem. Mine were not enabled and I would like them to be. Does anyone know the instructions for enabling the auto door locks? 2010 s, no smart key, manual transmission.

·
TN Stalker
2010 Blue Corolla S
1,247 Posts
im almost certain its the exact same procedure for disabling them

i think it goes...
sit in the car
turn key to the ON position
wait for the first chime and hold down the door lock button
wait for the chimes to stop (or 5seconds)
let go of the button

i think... lemme look it up

EDIT:
Automatic Transmission Procedure:
To Disable your Door looks from locking when shifting out of park and unlocking when shifting back into park, you:

1. Unlock all doors then get into the car with the door closed in the driver side with out the key in the ignition and do not put on your seatbelt.

2. Press the lock button (which now all doors will lock) with your hand still hovering over/on the locking postion but do not press or hold it down.

3. Put the Key into the ignition, turn the key to the "ON" position, right when you put it into ON, press down the lock button until the seatbelt chime turns off (or for 5 seconds) then let go ... you should hear and see all locks unlocks and back to lock position.

4. Turn the key to off, take out, press the unlock button and unlock all doors.

5. Now turn on the car and shift out and into park to test.

Manual Transmission Procedure:

1. Unlock all doors then get into the car with the door closed on the driver side without the key in the ignition and do not put on your seatbelt.

2. Press the lock button (which now all doors will lock) with your hand still hovering over/on the locking position but do not press or hold it down.

3. Put the Key into the ignition, turn the key to the "ON" position, right when you put it into ON, press down the lock button and hold (note: you should hear the lock relay click when pressing the lock button) until the seatbelt chime turns off (~ 5 seconds) then let go ... you should hear and see all of the locks unlock and then go back to the lock position again.

That is it! Once you see the and hear the locks unlock and then lock again, the computer has confirmed that the settings have changed and you are good to go. You can either start the car or turn it off since this setting is now saved.

Some variables that may or may not make a difference(try changing one of these if the above procedure doesn't work): dome light switch (switch to off during procedure), putting on drivers seatbelt (if the above doesn't work, you can try doing the above procedure but with the seatbelt on), pressing and holding unlock button (again, should be the lock button that you press and hold but try this if the lock button doesn't work), shifting to first gear and having the handbrake on (you can try other gears or setting the handbrake off)
for manual cars, the doors will auto-lock at 20km/h or....i dont know the conversion for mph... pretty much once u hit 2nd gear

if this doesnt work.. try it again but hold the unlock button....but im pretty sure you have to hold the lock button
if you want to undo this, just follow the exact same steps again
hope this helps

·
Registered
2010 Corolla S
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I figured it out and was just coming into post back up. They don't auto unlock but auto lock. Not sure if there is a way to get them to auto lock and unlock when the car is shutoff but it is not that big of a deal.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Yep did it the same way ekimnal described. The auto lock feature should enable at 15 mph if I'm not mistaken. It'd be nice if it would auto unlock if we turned the car to the off position or something, but I don't really mind it since its something small.

·
Registered
2010 Corolla S
2 Posts
is this something that you have to manually do or should a car come with this installed? i got a 2010 corolla and it does not seem to have this feature. it is a s with manual trans. i just thought that it cant detect the shifts thats why it is not installed. i will have to check this out.

·
Registered
2010 Corolla S
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It goes by speed. They auto lock at 12 MPH. I also found out that it does auto unlock all of the doors but only if you shut the car off and open the drivers door.

·
Registered
2010 Corolla S
2 Posts
just did it and it worked. idk why my dealership disable this feature. i wonder what else i dont know about.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Yeah, love the AT's locking. in P it's unlocked, in D it's locked. super simple.
Manuals FTW ;)

Wish there was also a way to program it to unlock the doors. My parents Previa unlocks the doors when the engine is turned off or the key is pulled out during the ignition. Happens sometime during that process lol.

·
Registered
2010 Corolla S
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Try turning the car off when you stop and open it by pulling the door handle instad of hitting the unlock button. When you do it that way it unlocks all of the doors.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,205 Posts
Manuals FTW ;)

Wish there was also a way to program it to unlock the doors. My parents Previa unlocks the doors when the engine is turned off or the key is pulled out during the ignition. Happens sometime during that process lol.
+1 That's also how my Previa works, when I turn the key the doors unlock. :thumbsup:

Try turning the car off when you stop and open it by pulling the door handle instad of hitting the unlock button. When you do it that way it unlocks all of the doors.
I never even thought about having to hit the door unlock button, I've always just opened the door with the handle & the doors unlock. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
For manual transmissions

Finally got my auto door lock to work...followed all posted instructions and it wouldn't work. Tried all the steps, except with the seat belt fastned and it worked. Now it locks as soon as i hit ~ 20 Km/hr.
To summarize the steps I took:

1)Get in the car and fasten seat belt. Have the doors locked, hand brake pulled, car in 1st gear, dome light to "OFF"(not sure if this would matter)

2)Turn key to "ON" position

3)Hold down the lock button untill they unlock and lock(you won't hear the chime since you will have the belt fastned)

4)Auto door locks set

Now trying to figure out how to make them unlock automatically!!!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Not sure about your 5 speed. My auto unlocks all doors once I put gear in Park.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know this has been discussed many times, but I would like to know if there is any to disable the unlock feature when car is SHUT OFF.

I have went through my manual, and tested the programming of Park lock unlock, 10 sec after key removal door unlock.... but no mention of the ignition off unlock. Any insight? thanks

Vibe / Matrix 2009 2.4 / 5 Speed Auto.

Manual says :

1.Shift position linked
door locking function*
Shifting the shift lever out of P locks all
doors.
2.Shift position linked
door unlocking function*
Shifting the shift lever to P unlocks all doors.
3.Driver's door linked door
unlocking function
All doors are unlocked when the driver's door
is opened within 10 seconds after turning the
engine switch to “ACC” or “LOCK”.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I have 2010 Toyota Corolla automatic transmission. I have tried all the above steps to auto lock/unlock my doors when shifting gear but all to no avail.

Please see attached the wire harness connection behind my driver's kick panel. I'm suspecting this feature is cut off from there. Also one wire harness connector is missing there. Please who knows how to install this feature back in my car. Thanks

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts