Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up a 2002 camry on sat and only have min. info on it.. But I have the vin# and want to see if you can tell what options are on the car.. i.e. 6 disc cd, premiere sound

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
generally you can, but if the dealer added something after the fact it wont show up, 9 out of 10 you can find out everything installed on the car

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
your VIn doesn't really tell you anything on the options. Its more to tel you where your engine was built where the car was. What date, they also tell you who really worked on your car. So if ur car was made on a friday you could somewhat trace it back to the 4-6 ppl who made it, well pending the dealer gives you all the info. But Sportivo Concepts is right you wont know everything in your car. If a sounds and a 6 disc was installed by the factory there will be a note on your VIN or a speical letter somewhere. Normally its a letter towards the end. I had a sheet on how to read VINS but lost it

·
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
when dealing with Toyota/Lexus dealerships, you vin can display basically everything about your car including options and what grade your car is, it is something that only pops up in Toyotas database and really has nothing to do with how Vins work with the government and registery.

to the dealeships, a vin is like a UPC code, even with bodyshops, they can tell you what is installed in your car from the factory.

·
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
gonna have to take the VIN to a dealer, the guys in the parts dept should be able to tell you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts