Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Simple and cheap is self sticking velcro to keep door closed. Put a small square on each top corner, to make sure it sticks to plastic good use 3m brand and clean attachment spots with alcohol first so it has good clean non oily spot to stick. If you open and close a lot you may have to replace it now and then but the self adhesive velcro is cheap and comes in rolls so you will have plenty to redo it many times. or you can find thin good self sticking magnets and acheive same thing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Simple and cheap is self sticking velcro to keep door closed. Put a small square on each top corner, to make sure it sticks to plastic good use 3m brand and clean attachment spots with alcohol first so it has good clean non oily spot to stick. If you open and close a lot you may have to replace it now and then but the self adhesive velcro is cheap and comes in rolls so you will have plenty to redo it many times. or you can find thin good self sticking magnets and acheive same thing.
Thanks, going to try that

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried 3m velcro tape, 3 inch long strips on both sides, but the adhesive doesnt hold. First try, i thought i tried to check velcro/adhesive strength too soon, but for second try, i put the strips on, pushed for 2 minutes to get the adhesive to stick and then just left it. Came back few hours later to see the adhesive had let go, without anyone touching it.

Going to try smaller squares now, as you suggested. I think if the velcro length is long, it grips so strongly that adhesive lets go before the velcro does...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I fixed it by tying knots at both ends of a small piece of braided elastic and running it through the gap that was there in the plastic.

Good enough for now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts