Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On most new Toyotas and Lexuses, the instrument cluster is always backlit whether it's daytime or nighttime.

Does anyone know how to have the instrument cluster backlit 100% of the time whenever the car is on? I'm assuming it probably involves wiring.

If anyone can find a DIY for any Toyota model for this mod, that would be awesome.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, looking at the Tundra forum, I heard the new Tundra doesn't have the backlit instrument cluster. What a shame Toyota...

·
Captain Camry
289 Posts
I see an enormous number of people driving in the dead of night, in pitch black because they don't know if their lights are on or not. They assume because their panel is lit up, their lights are on. Huge safety hazard.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
5,516 Posts
I see an enormous number of people driving in the dead of night, in pitch black because they don't know if their lights are on or not. They assume because their panel is lit up, their lights are on. Huge safety hazard.
This is why I am semi-against the AUTO function because all drivers should know that if it is dark to FLIP THE SWITCH. Is it dark? Yes? Turn it on. Don't rely on others to do the work for you. You learned it, why aren't you using it? What's a turn signal? Then people complain about the cost to fix it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts