Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'05 Taco & '89 ///M3
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here it is in case anyone is bored enough.

I was able to get the parts from the dealer to illuminate the switch. First off you'll need the 4x4 selector dial/switch from a current gen part-time 4WD 4Runner, part number: 84724-35020, $alot! It cost me $90.00 for the switch .. (I know I'm insane ). You will also need 2 "terminal repair" wires, part number: 82998-12420, about $5 each. You'll also need a soldering iron, or butt-connectors and some extra wire. Pull apart the 4Runner switch and take the diffuser and light bulb and place them in the tacoma switch. Then wire it up to to light from the HVAC. Put back together and you have a color matching orange and dimming 4x4 switch. For some more detail check out my site here:

http://homepage.mac.com/jbryan/PhotoAlbum21.html

My camera stopped working during the wiring to the HVAC controls. But just run some wire to the HVAC controls. Then there is a green and grey (I think, I'm color blind ) wires. They sit above and below each-other. They are next to the clip to remove the harness. And the harness is the one in the middle of the HVAC panel. Just splice those wires and you have power.

Ohh.. and Merry Christmas

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
i hate to burst your bubble but its been posted here before :thumbup:

edit: or maybe it was you that posted this over at tundrasolutions.com

·
Registered
'05 Taco & '89 ///M3
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah.. I posted it at TS, but I thought I would share the wealth at the other boards as well. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts