Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Camry V6 LE
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been noticing that my camry is not down shifting when i floor the accelerator in second or 3rd gear, it stays in that gear and the rpms slowly go up. i think it's because of weak coils. my question is which resistance setting do you use to measure it's resistance? i tried what i believe is called the continiuty test and i get a 01.0 reading and when i use the one that says 2K*> i get a 0.1 but three seconds later it goes to zero. the haynes manual says that the resistance should be between .5 and .85 the continuity is the one that says 200/)))

Here is a pic of my multimeter. Oh and i have a 96 1MZ-FE Thanks.:)

·
Registered
342 Posts
I also doubt that you have a coil problem. Either they work or they don't.
You'll feel it and have a "check engine" light for a miss fire if one is bad.

What's your speed when your trying to accelerate ?

·
Registered
96 Camry V6 LE
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when i go at about 25 mph and then i accelerate and press the pedal all the way to the floor in about 3 seconds it wonty down shift like i remembered it used to. my speed slowly climbs up at 40 in about 4.5 seconds from 25. im sure theres something wrong because when i used to floor it the car would jump up and run quickly. Ho and i notice it that it does it when the thegine is fully warmed up like driving aroung town for an our stopping every 20 mins.and i just changed the transmission oil tool. A few weeks ago i also replaced the vacuum hose from the vaccum tank that was broken in half. but i don't think thats the proble. Can anyone tell me what is that kickdown feature?> is it located inside the tranny?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts