Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!!!

After searching, finding, and reviewing this thread in this forum:
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349596&highlight=parking+brake

as well as Googling, finding, and reviewing this on eHow:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4508785_make-parking-brake-adjustments-toyota.html

I still can't seem to quite get the overall picture of how to complete this somewhat seemingly simple adjustment. :whatthe: I think it's cause there seems to be a discrepancy with procedures. Example being, on one instruction guide it is stated that you get underneath and locate a U-shaped cable with adjusting nuts to turn, whereas the other guide states to remove front door scuff plate and adjust appropriate nuts from there.

I have also gone onto youtube.com to see a tutorial video, but have found no specific videos to the HL, and it appears that different vehicle makes and models adjust differently from one style to another.

Can anyone help shed some light on this for me please?

Thanks in advance guys!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Haynes Manual

Do you have the Haynes repair manual for the SUV?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have the Haynes repair manual for the SUV?
Thanks for your input/idea on this.

I actually have been looking to find either the Haynes or Chilton repair manual to take a sneak peek at with regards to this, but have been unsuccessful finding it for the HL at the local auto parts stores. I've even gone as far as attempting to locate it at the local libraries and had zero luck.:disappoin

I know that I could actually "own" the manual if I go through Amazon and/or eBay, but then again I don't really want to go that route since this is only what seems to be a simple adjustment. Don't really feel its worthy of forking out the cash for the entire manual. I know, I know... it could come in handy for future repairs, but at the moment not interested in "owning" it.

Thanks again for your input/idea. :thumbsup:

Anyone else have any leads to literature, pics, and/or video tutorials on this particular DIY or "how-to"?

Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
shortlid
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing