Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends,
How can I play 5.1 channel surround .WAV files on a 2008 Highlander Sport? Here is the configuration:
2008 HL Sport
EJ Package: 9 speaker/ 4 disc changer/Bluetooth.
I was under the impression that I could play these true srround sound files on the premium audio option on HL? Any ideas / suggestions ?
thank you,
parag

·
Toyota Traitor
20’ Tacoma TRD Sport DC, 17’ MDX Elite SH-AWD, 13’ Accord Touring
966 Posts
Friends,
How can I play 5.1 channel surround .WAV files on a 2008 Highlander Sport? Here is the configuration:
2008 HL Sport
EJ Package: 9 speaker/ 4 disc changer/Bluetooth.
I was under the impression that I could play these true srround sound files on the premium audio option on HL? Any ideas / suggestions ?
thank you,
parag
You need to make an MP3 CD in iTunes. I don't know if the HL will play .wav files, but I'm pretty sure it will play .wma files and I'm sure it will play MP3 files.

·
Registered
569 Posts
If you're using a Windows based computer, Google "CDex". CDex is freeware, and will allow you to convert .WAVs to .MP3s... in addition to ripping CDs. I'm not a big music fan so I don't have many CDs, BUT, I've ripped the ones that I do have into MP3 files. A single CD-R can normally hold between 4 and 6 CDs that have been ripped into MP3s. So my Highlander's 4 CD changer currently holds the equivalent of 14 CDs in three slots... the fourth slot is blank, I ran out of CDs.

DeWat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts