Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

Just bought slightly used 2005 Corolla S. It came with one key and no remote control. Long story short, the dealership I bought the car at got me unprogrammed key and remote control with the instructions on how to program them both. But it didn't work. Instructions were from 2003 model. I wonder if it's changed since.

Any idea how to program the key and a remote control for 2005 Corolla S?

Thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
169 Posts
Someone must know how to do this. :confused:

Help! The dealer wants me to schedule an appiontment and charge me $75

·
Registered
983 Posts
wylee said:
Someone must know how to do this. :confused:

Help! The dealer wants me to schedule an appiontment and charge me $75

I can't understand you people :confused: All it takes is a little "BALLS" on your part ...Take it back to them and demand they program it FREE :cursin: ...Whats $75 to them if their going to get a bad rep out of this? Call their bluff, 95% of the time they will give in!... After all their the ones that sold you the car....God that's why so many people get Fukkkked over because their are so many wimps in the world....Sorry I just had to vent because it has happened to me before I got smart and got BALLS....Good luck...~Radd Guy~

·
Registered
Toyota Matrix
107 Posts
05 models with transponer systems are now programed with a scan tool, that is why the 03 instuctions did not work.

·
Registered
Toyota Matrix
107 Posts
Another way around this is to have a regular key cut, then mount the transponer key under the dash as close to the ignition cylinder as possible. This is what they do when auto starts are installed in cars with transponder systems. Now you dont have to spend a lot of money on replacement keys & programming.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mickeyd said:
05 models with transponer systems are now programed with a scan tool, that is why the 03 instuctions did not work.
And only dealers have that scan tool?

·
Registered
983 Posts
mickeyd said:
let me know when you find a lock smith that can program a trasponder key.
I don't know about where you live but most around here do this service, my bud just had one done by a local locksmith last summer...no big thing ;) ..Here are a couple places I found on line..I'm sure I could find many more if I wanted!...Radd Guy....lol..You must work for a dealer:lol:

http://www.curtslock.com/curts/automotive.html

http://www.studios92.com/guide/locksmith.htm

http://www.streetkeys.com/company/pressreleases/2005.11.19.asp

·
Registered
983 Posts
mickeyd said:
Anyone can program a tranponder key upto 04. Toyota changed that in 05
Put it this way...I just showed you links that say they can.....Now you show me some that say they can't :deal: ...Radd Guy...

·
2005 corolla ce owner
2005 toyota corolla
130 Posts
yea they can but if dont your new rolla fucked let the dealer handle it and mickey's right only the toyota dealer can program the transponder key its not like older rolla's :lol: you fuck the transponder key up and well your fucked :sosad: i know this cause i own a 05 rolla ce :D

·
2005 corolla ce owner
2005 toyota corolla
130 Posts
cool car guy said:
yea they can but if dont your new rolla fucked let the dealer handle it and mickey's right only the toyota dealer can program the transponder key its not like older rolla's :lol: you fuck the transponder key up and well your fucked :sosad: i know this cause i own a 05 rolla ce :D
yea they say can but dont mean they know how to do it right im about to trust some website with a 15'000 car fuck not they can sell you the raplacement key besides i think legalyonly toyota can program it all that said save yourself from fucking your car up take to toyota :D take it from a 05 rolla owner :clap:

·
Registered
983 Posts
cool car guy said:
yea they say can but dont mean they know how to do it right im about to trust some website with a 15'000 car fuck not they can sell you the raplacement key besides i think legalyonly toyota can program it all that said save yourself from fucking your car up take to toyota :D take it from a 05 rolla owner :clap:

Those sites I posted were just what I looked up on the web to show it can be done :eek: ...I myself would never buy anything that important from a website, mainly because as you say if something goes wrong your "fucked".......buttttttt Your local expert locksmith is both licensed and bonded and can do everything and anything a dealer can at a fraction of the cost, I have seen it done :thumbsup: ...Bonded, meaning if anything goes wrong their responsible just as a dealer would be....If you want to get it done at your dealers at 5x the price then go for it after all its your money :kookoo: I myself have a problem parting with my hard earned money :argh:...Radd Guy...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts