Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen on other sites to use a jumper wire under the diagnostic cap by the engine. It says to jump between TE1 and TE. And then count the flashes. That would be easy enough but it only shows the TE1 terminal ? There is no TE terminal. I've had the parts store check code earlier by plugging in port under the fuse panel left side of dash. They will no longer check codes there and I don't trust driving car to far as to the way it's running. Any help out there ?

·
Super Moderator
12,688 Posts
I suspect the jumper is not on the correct two terminals. There should be a diagram on the underside of the cap showing which is which.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've seen on other sites to use a jumper wire under the diagnostic cap by the engine. It says to jump between TE1 and TE. And then count the flashes. That would be easy enough but it only shows the TE1 terminal ? There is no TE terminal. I've had the parts store check code earlier by plugging in port under the fuse panel left side of dash. They will no longer check codes there and I don't trust driving car to far as to the way it's running. Any help out there ?
Yeah its the TE1 & E1. Under the hood you'll see the little box with the flip top and inside it'll show you which are which. If you are still needing help after getting your codes counted say something and I'll give you the diagnostic breakdown from there. In case nobody else mentioned after jumping the TE1 & E1 with a paperclip then get in the car and turn the key to the on position. It will start flashing the check engine light. Count the flashes. There'll be a short pause between #'s... Like i had a 71 code. It flashed 7 times then paused and then flashed once. If there are more than one code it will continue to flash in these two number codes. Then the system will pause for about 5 seconds then will start over. It will continue to do this... Like I said let me know if you still need help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts