Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I've unsuccessfully tried to search this a couple of different ways. I would like to know how to remove my dash speaker grills on a 2008 TCH.

I have a 2008 Hybrid + JBL upgrade with a dash noise (join the club, I know). I THINK mine is a temperature dependent squeak between the front speaker grills and the lower windshield rubber. I would like to remove the grills and apply some adhesive foam or felt to the grills.

Would someone please briefly explain the proper technique for removing these grills (and inserting them if there is any trick)?

Thanks, Michael

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
It was posted in a thread in the last 2 weeks.........SEARCH!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help, to those who were helpful. One more question, what's the best tool to pry up the grill without damaging the dash or grill? It's hard to tell from the picture. Thanks again. michael

·
Registered
5 Posts
A small flathead screwdriver will work too if you don't have a panel tool. The dash speaker panel is a pretty thick piece of plastic, so don't worry about breaking it. It will pry right up if you use the placement that Crutchfield suggests.

By the way, I fixed my dash rattle (2007 Hybrid) by pushing soft foam down between the windshield and the dash about 6-8 inches to the right of the left dash speaker and 6-8 inches to the left of the right dash speaker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts