Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2016 Corolla S Premium
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the overhead console cluster (sunroof control, maplights, transmitter, sunglasses) in a '04 Camry XLE?

·
2016 Corolla S Premium
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
After posting my question (asking how to remove the overhead console) I thought it would be helpful to explain why I need to do it.

I recently bought a GPS navigation unit (Garmin Streetpilot i5) and want to power it (switched 12VDC) from around the rear view mirror area instead of having the power cord dangling down over the dash where I now plug it into the center console receptacle.

I need to tap into 12VDC in a large enough area where I can put a cigarette lighter receptacle in which I can [permanently] plug the power cord for the navigation into it...because the power cord has a small transformer that transforms the 12VDC down to 4VDC. (I would be laying the receptacle/plug into a cavity somehwere near where I tap into 12VDC in the overhead console.)

If anyone knows how to remove (drop-down) the overhead console cluster I sure would be appreciative for their help.

Thanks,
Kooter

PS - I'm guessing the console in other generation Camrys are removed/installed the same as my '04 model.

·
2016 Corolla S Premium
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1 - 6 of 6 Posts