Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Tacoma...just this morning I removed the little sign hanging out from the glove box, about the advanced air bags. Sign was stuck to inside of glove box, and when removed, it left a residue.

Anyone have any suggestions about how to remove this sticker residue?

Thanks,

Count

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,560 Posts
To remove sticky residue left after removal of a sticker on a product, rub some vegetable oil on the spot, let it sit for an hour, and then wash with hot soapy water. There's no need to buy expensive removers like GOO Be Gone.

google

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
If you don't want to risk using chemicals, try this first. Get a big piece of tape, like clear package mailing tape, and then stick the tape to the sticky residue. Then rip it off, like how a woman waxes the hair off her legs. ;)

You might have to do it several times to get it all off. The sticky of the tape will pull off the sticky residue, unless it's really stuck on there.

Don't try this with duct tape. Use a tape that releases without leaving its' own sticky stuff.

I also use this method for getting stickers and stuff off of store bought items.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. PB, I've used your suggestion several times for other things, but for whatever reason, it didn't occur to me for this. That residue is pretty stuck on there. I'll give it a shot, though.

I considered WD-40, but like AlpineJL mentioned, I was afraid it would stink up the truck. I like the vegetable oil idea. If the tape doesn't work, I'll give this a shot.

Thanks everybody.

Count

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.