Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to change out my winter wheels. What's the best way to remove the wheel covers without damaging it or the steel rims? The wheel covers seem quite flimsy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Corolla 10th. generation wheel covers realy flimsy.

I have seen a lot of wheel covers at the dealers with tie wraps to hold them on to the steel wheels. When I asked the service manager if this is because of the flimsy design of the wheel, he said that it was to prevent them from being stolen off the car. :bullshit2I think that a tie wrap will not stop a wheel cover thief.
The Corolla wheel covers are the worse wheel covers I have ever seen on a production car, even the aftermarket would be ashamed to sell you such crappy wheel covers. The tabs on the wheel covers have a tendency to break off, I would put tie wraps on the wheels to keep them from flying off:wtf:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've always put tie wraps on my wheel covers for the same reasons. Without them, it's real easy for anybody to pry off your wheel covers. You need a pocket knife or snippers to get them off. The main reason for the tie wraps however is here we have really horrible roads covered with potholes.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I've always put tie wraps on my wheel covers for the same reasons. Without them, it's real easy for anybody to pry off your wheel covers. You need a pocket knife or snippers to get them off.

no longer am i going to lock my doors... just cable tied shut from now on:lol:

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
get a large tack puller and insert it into the side slowly prying up and before using Punks_Not_Dead5 suggestion.

they are surprisingly flexible and resistant to damage.

·
Registered
728 Posts
If you can't do it with a screwdriver by being careful buy a hubcap tool.

It has a pry bar on one side and a rubber mallet on the other. You can see them at every tire shop

1 - 7 of 7 Posts