Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't for the life of me figure out how to access the map lightbulb for replacement in my 1996 Camry V6 with moonroof. There's no obvious Pry point to pop off the plastic covers. I'm wondering if I have to somehow remove the whole unit of switches and lights, but am reluctant to do so without knowing how. Have googled and YouTubed this question without much success for this year's model. Has anyone replaced the map lightbulb? How did you do it?

Thanks in advance.

·
Camry: 94-I4 and 94-V6
138 Posts
Yup, find the best small flat screwdriver you could find, protect your eyes with glasses.
Try to push it between the 2 plastics (the lens is surround by another plastic tied to the roof), NOT between the plastic and the fabric of the roof.
The location is left side or right side, meaning: not on the front or rear side of the car.
They made it almost impossible to remove the clear lens (hard plastic). You WILL leave some mark for sure.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Try putting some electrical tape on the end of the flat head screwdriver. Hopefully that will keep the screwdriver from leaving a mark.

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try putting some electrical tape on the end of the flat head screwdriver. Hopefully that will keep the screwdriver from leaving a mark.

Mike
thanks. Will I risk breaking the plastic pieces? The bulbs okay, just was thinking of testing an LED bulb instead. Does anyone know whether it uses the bulb like the trunk light, which looks like an old fashioned fuse, or the newer Festoon style bulb, like in the dome light?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts