Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just made a video of how to replace 8th gen Camry Hybrid air filter 2018-2022.

It's a 3 minute short video, but it shows everything you need to do including the OEM part number.

there may be other videos regarding this subject, but this one is really short with no BS.
Here's the link:

·
straight cash homie
22,844 Posts
Would not want to chance buying a counterfeit from EBay or some 3rd party web site.
Many Toyota dealers sell their parts on eBay and/or their own website separate from the regular dealer page, as most don't use their dealer name to sell parts directly to the public online. If you do your due diligence, its not hard to figure out if they are legitimate.

·
Premium Member
2021 Avalon XSE Hybrid
6,950 Posts
Thanks, video was quick and to the point. I agree about buying direct from the dealer. Would not want to chance buying a counterfeit from EBay or some 3rd party web site.
I don't buy anything (much) from Ebay anymore due to a number of issues, including counterfeit products.
Amazon is a safe bet if the product is "Ships and sold by Amazon" or if you are familiar with the seller.
I buy my 0w16 oil from Amazon, but I get my filters and most other parts from toyotapartsdeal.com which is a dealer in the bay area.

Toyota of Dallas was one of the first dealers to start selling online, and offer discount prices. Camelback, Cool Springs, and others soon followed.
Now, most dealerships do have a parts portal on their web site, but pricing and shipping costs vary.
Shipping is often $10+, so it makes sense to combine orders and get enough filters to last a few years.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Buying original Toyota parts online is always a challenge. I buy online to avoid dealer counter price, and I don't blame dealers, they want to cover the labor expense for the person behind the counter who answers your questions about fitment and part numbers.

Dealers offer online discounts for customers who will handle the burden of part number research and fitment inquiries, which is not an easy thing in the Toyota parts world.

Legit original Toyota parts website are all still in the Stone age of online shopping. Not easy to navigate and hard to check the fitment.

From my experience, most legit Toyota parts websites in the United States are either through Partznet or parts.toyota.com. dealers websites usually utilize one of them. But if you go directly to parts. toyota.com you'll be directed to the nearest dealer that participate in this website. Parts in both cases are sourced from Toyota Motor Sales USA in New Jersey.

I can't remember anytime I got free shipping from any Toyota dealer, in some cases I get free pickup only if the part is available locally.

I have two local dealers, one of them (Sloan) never offered any online experience for parts. The other dealer (Team Toyota) participated for one year with parts.toyota.com and they quit recently!

Buying directly from Amazon (sold and shipped by Amazon not a third party) despite the prime free shipping, is still unattractive as they inflate the price, let alone fitment chaos.

I never felt comfortable buying from Toyota parts deal website. They are not Toyota dealer and they are not required to source their parts from Toyota USA. It doesn't say where they get their parts from!

I had good experience with McGeorge Toyota in Virginia. They reply to emails and the fulfillment is fast.

Just bought 10 oil filters (10 pack box) from a a third local dealer (Conicelli) I got the online discount and picked up my self in my way to work that was for $4.40 a piece including sales tax. Still cheaper than Walmart (yes Walmart STORES sells OEM filters for $7.00).

What else I haven't mentioned? I think that's enough for today.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 HiHy Platinum AWD
1,674 Posts
You can always buy it through parts.toyota.com and pick up at the dealership, so you don't get subjected to dealership markup prices on parts.

Replacing a Toyota engine filter takes almost no mechanical experience, and it's almost too easy

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can always buy it through parts.toyota.com and pick up at the dealership, so you don't get subjected to dealership markup prices on parts.
My local dealer is called Team Toyota Glen Mills, they have just completely withdrawn from parts.toyota.com, and they don't have any affiliation of any online parts Portal.
Another local car dealer called Conicelli Toyota Conshohocken also dropped out of parts.toyota.com but they are still on partznet. A third local dealer that carries a huge inventory of cars is called Sloane Toyota of Malvern, they don't even have any kind of online parts sales since they opened back in 2014.
So, it looks like it's not a profitable business model for some dealers.

·
Registered
2021 HiHy Platinum AWD
1,674 Posts
My local dealer is called Team Toyota Glen Mills, they have just completely withdrawn from parts.toyota.com, and they don't have any affiliation of any online parts Portal.
Another local car dealer called Conicelli Toyota Conshohocken also dropped out of parts.toyota.com but they are still on partznet. A third local dealer that carries a huge inventory of cars is called Sloane Toyota of Malvern, they don't even have any kind of online parts sales since they opened back in 2014.
So, it looks like it's not a profitable business model for some dealers.
It's not profitable, because, as I said, they don't get to enjoy the profit off of substantially marking up the price on parts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts