Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello folks,

Sorry to bringing this old thread, i've just bought a 08 Hybrid Highlander then all of a sudden those VSC, Brake malfunction warnings came on. Tried this method just as it says (8 brakes within 5 sec etc ) but i can't see "VSC Diag" "VSC Diag OK" on anywhere ? So i was just waiting for couple minutes doing nothing and ON again then errors messages were gone tho, What am i missing ?
Hi, I had this problem with '06 a couple of years ago, I used the paperclip shorting trip at the head of this article, it worked for me, I take no responsibility if it cooks your car :>

Try this too, though the pins may be the same as referenced above:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got an 09 hihy limited. A few weeks ago, I got an error message saying that the brakes malfunctioned and I got all sorts of blinking error messages. I reset it using the procedure with the paperclip and a few days later it all came back again. I put the clip back on a counted the number of times the warning lights blinked. ABS, four then two, long pause, and repeat, VSC, four then five , long pause and repeat, brake warning exclamation mark, six then nine, long pause and repeat. how do I take these numbers and come up with the code from them? Everything I've found is a four digit code with a letter in front of it.

·
6,642 Posts
How about simply using OBD2 scanner to scan for error codes? You need one that can read ABS codes, but it's easy "B&R" from say Harbor Freight.... Basic code readers they have at parts stores do not read ABS codes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2006 Highlander Hybrid

There have been many incomplete or inaccurate posts regarding this common HiHy issue. Here are the simple steps that will fix most cases of multiple warning lights, specifically CHECK VSC CHECK AWD ABS ANTISKID appearing on the dashboard of your HiHy. Mine is a 2006 with 123K + and here's how I fixed it each and every time.
Prior to dealing with the warning lights, you should correct the problem's cause, which in my case was one or more of the wheel speed sensors being dirty.
1. Clean the sensor(s). A single 10mm bolt holds each sensor in place at the rear of the brake caliper. Remove the sensor, then clean it with a rag. Finally replace it.
Now you're ready to reset the warning lights, which is done as follows:
2. Using a paper clip, jump TC and CG on the OBD2 connector as shown here.
__/[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected]_\
_/[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected]__\

3. Turn Ignition On (no need to start)
4. Press and Release Brake Pedal 8 Times in less than 5 seconds.
5. After a slight delay, readout in speedometer should read "VSC DIAG OK"
6. Remove Jumper in OBD2 connector.
7. Enjoy your Highlander Hybrid without annoying warning lights.
So I tried the above (cleaned sensor good and did the jumper), but I still have to remove the negative battery post for a couple of minutes to get it going. Then it goes for a few miles and the three lights come on again. once I cut it off i have to remove the neg battery post to go to the next place. Still saying Check Hybrid System and VSC error in the dash. Any other suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Lexus IS250 year 2008, had all lights ON: brakes, ABS and traction, not checking engine, all this happened after I replace a bearing hub assy on a rear wheel, tried a few things before with no results, was tired of alarm lights ON, more than a month already, tried the jumper you suggested and the system did a full reset, even can see it on the screen, and all codes were reset, thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Airbag SRS light
You must jump two pins of the OBD plug under the dash by the left knee.
Use a paper clip or wire to jump TC to CG.
TC is on the top shorter row, 4th pin starting from left
CG is bottom longer row, 5th pin starting from left
See diagram:
__/[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected]_\
_/[email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected][email protected]__\
Here is the sequence, according to the manual, I’ve never tried it.
  1. turn car ON, wait 60s
  2. Jump TG & Cg
  3. Wait for any codes to be flashed out by airbag warning light (CURRENT trouble codes), turn car off.
  4. Turn car back on, wait 60s
  5. Wait for any codes to be flashed out (PAST trouble codes), turn car back off.
Code should now be cleared warning light off.
If this fails, apparently you must
  1. Jump TG & CG, turn car on,
  2. After reading codes, remove jumper, warning light should come on..
  3. Within 4 s of light, jump TG & CG (good luck doing it that fast, might be a 2man job)
  4. Light should go off, remove jumper within 4s of light going off.
  5. Light will go back on, repeat step 3
  6. You should now see a steady state flashing of the light, the "All OK signal". Turn car off, remove jumper, warning light should be gone.
Apparently this procedure may need to be done more than once.

Airbags are critical pieces of safety equipment and contain
explosives, don’t mess with them if you don’t know what you are doing. ****

As always, if there is something actually wrong with your airbag, you need to fix this first or the code will eventually re-trip.
Tried editing my reply. I was wondering what manual you were talking about

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread but was hoping someone could help me as I have hit a dead end after replacing all four wheel hubs on my 2007 Lexus IS250. I jumped my OBD port since I was not getting any codes after replacing my hubs but was getting multiple lights. My ABS light gave me 3 flashes 3 times followed by a a set of 4 flashes. Looks like its ABS senses YE1 and BU 1 but can anyone help me determine which sensors those are? Cannot find it anywhere online. Also my P/S light flashes 1 times and then 3 times. I cannot find what thats meaning anywhere. Then in my message screen at the top of the dash Im getting a message reading "Diag 4wd" and flashes between 84, 94, and 96. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
after changing out the rear rotor and pads on my 2007 Camry Hybrid, I tried Wiggl3s's procedure and it did not work with the car off or on ACC.

Jumping TC and CG did work, here is what I experienced:

1. My Scanguage II showed no codes. The VCS System Warning was showing as were several other warnings.
2. Using a standard silver metal paper clip did not work. Apparently, it was a non-conducting metal. I used a piece of picture hanging wire instead.
3. After starting the car with TC and CG jumped, I saw "VSC DIAG 45" and many other warning lights were flashing, but the Brake warning light was steady on.
4. After hitting the brakes 8 times, the display changed from "VSC DIAG 45" to "VSC DIAG".
5. At this point, turning the car off then turning it on again cleared all codes and warning lights.

Thanks JSTCD!!!

·
Registered
99 Camry, 07 HyHi.
173 Posts
sorry stupid question.. what do you use to jump the 2 pins on the port?

Mine is a 2007 HyHi and got VSC check warning. Car starts but no power...doesn't move forward and seems to slide back.. I had to put hand brakes.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts