Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
When the liftgate reaches the desired height, press and hold the rear liftgate button for a couple seconds until it beeps 4 times (button is located on the door jamb of the rear liftgate, and only accessible when the liftgate is open).

The height can also be set through the "Setup" screen on the vehicle audio display. Through this screen, there are 5 height options to choose from.
Click below to view video.

·
Registered
XLE Highlander AWD
134 Posts
Thanks for posting this info.

As I haven't yet taken delivery of my HL, I was wondering is there a manual override for the power liftgate ? Can it be opened and closed by hand if required or in event of motor malfunction ?

·
Registered
2014 Highlander Lim
695 Posts
Canceling the Power back door

Thanks for posting this info.

As I haven't yet taken delivery of my HL, I was wondering is there a manual override for the power liftgate ? Can it be opened and closed by hand if required or in event of motor malfunction ?
There is a button in or near the glove box to cancel power to the back door. Click on the link below and select Side doors from the owners manual and scroll down to page 132. This is a good source for all your HL info....

http://www.toyota.com/owners/web/pages/resources/owners-manuals?p_p_id=changemodelyear_WAR_toyotaownersonlineportlet&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&_changemodelyear_WAR_toyotaownersonlineportlet_action=processRequest&_changemodelyear_WAR_toyotaownersonlineportlet_javax.portlet.action=processRequest#Owners-Manuals

1 - 4 of 4 Posts