·
Lex Zues!
95 Camry
4,900 Posts

·
Registered
camry
182 Posts
Couple of questions. Say that i already have my turbo and 3sgt head. Do i have to just get if fitted with a custom manifold and piping or is there any other physical things i need?
I am talking to spearco to see what intercooler will work but i think that will just be more pipe work.

·
Lex Zues!
95 Camry
4,900 Posts
you have a CT26 turbo and a 3sgte Head.. as in cylinder head? you can use a 3sgte manifold, but piping is totally custom. you need to make a downpipe and make the intercooler pipes...whether you go to a shop or buy one of those universla piping kits... eitehr one will work, make sur eoy uuse tbolts. you can use ANY intercooler.. im going to be using something about 28" x 6" x 2.5 to fi tmy stock bumper.

·
Registered
camry
182 Posts
I am not using a ct-26 turbo, i am going with a custom setup from turbonetics. Will the MR2 manifold still work(hopefully)? I will not be thrilled if i have to have a custom manifold made in addition to all this others exspensive stuff.

(Who knew i would end up spending so much on a @#%$ camry! Fun though...)

·
Lex Zues!
95 Camry
4,900 Posts
oh okay. well you can use a 3sgte manifold and make an adapter or custom make a manifold. the mr2 manifold will bolt up, but it might interfere with other parts around it.. non eof us that i know have tried it because we never needed to.

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
^ no

you will need an adapter plate... if you are going to be doing that custom - why not just have a better manifold made, since personally i think the 3s mani without a heatshield is nasty, and one is not going to work with an adapter - you would have to make that custom to

plus you wanna rid the hood of the nasty heat damage - if you want your car to last a while

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,955 Posts
i just finished reading this thread and unfortunately terry aka rape a civic didn't mention anything about our conversations about fuel management on his low budget 5sfte:disappoin

with his setup it is proven you don't need all these add ons like turbo timers and extras if you just want the title of boosted camry

all he used was stock parts(the poor mans list):

ct26
3sgte manifold
7mgte injectors
7mgte fuel pressure regulator
7mgte fuel pump
3s 2bar map sensor
intercooler
bov

i'm glad it worked out for him :thumbup:

·
I know parts!
71 Posts
Just to be clear the MAP sensor replaces our stock one?
and we can basically use the stock ECU?
what about Cali cars with the precat that has an o2 in it?

and this thread needs a major trim, too much BS in it right now

·
Registered
271 Posts
Excellent stuff, I didn't read all of it. I agree that detonation and TIMING are very important on a boosted application. I've got a '94 Cali-car that I didn't want to turbo, because of the slow, lazy timing curve they put in these cars. Maybe my car would be a BETTER choice because it has less advance in the first place... Comments??

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
2wickedtoyz said:
i just finished reading this thread and unfortunately terry aka rape a civic didn't mention anything about our conversations about fuel management on his low budget 5sfte:disappoin
with his setup it is proven you don't need all these add ons like turbo timers and extras if you just want the title of boosted camry
all he used was stock parts(the poor mans list):
ct26
3sgte manifold
7mgte injectors
7mgte fuel pressure regulator
7mgte fuel pump
3s 2bar map sensor
intercooler
bov
i'm glad it worked out for him :thumbup:

There was only so much I could do making $7 an hour. I had an SAFC2 and Hks Turbo Timer but I just didn´t have time to install them before I moved to Spain. It kills me that I did a lot more then 95% of the Camry owners on this board and I barley get any props or respect for all the work and money I dumped into my old Camry. And you know that was not aimed at you Gino as you are a friend and helped me in a lot of ways.

My car ran very well until it had a boost spike because the new owner did not put a boost controller and was racing the car. So what if it was low budget. I did something that most of the Camry owners on this board would not have the balls to do, and I paid no shop to do it as John(silverstreakin) and I did it ourselves. So I take pride in my Old Scepter.

61 - 80 of 119 Posts