Toyota Nation Forum banner

81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Terry... i hope you know that i loved your cam man ;) i was sad to see u have to part ways with it... but things come up, i know that

made me really want to shave off my door moldings... and you know there is going to love for all the blue cams hehe

·
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
BlackPearl said:
wheres the fuel rail and how do you open it inorder to swap the fuel injectors...is it safe to swap the injectors before doing the turbo or what...

the fuel rail is right underneath the the intake manifold/behind the block...

you don't have to "open it up" to remove the fuel injectors, they just come off of the rail and you replace them with your new ones... and if need be, wire up your new harnesses...

i would not swap in the injectors to larger ones before the project, i do not think that is a good idea, you will not have any tuning for them, and they will be acting differently then the stock injectors - as they have greater flow, seems like it would be just asking for trouble, but i could be wrong

·
Lex Zues!
95 Camry
4,900 Posts
^ no your right. you would need something to lean it out. On my emanage it will let me run my injectors at certain %'s for almost that reason, which isnt even part of the tuning process on it... so 460cc (new ones) vs what 230?cc so i can run it at 50% than normal.

but i still wouldnt recommend it.... might aswell do it at once.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been reading loads of posts and all i would like to know is whether i can get a 5sfe block and transfer it into my 3sgte set up ?
I am currently running a gt4 with 520 bhp until the head gasket blew and wrote off my cp pistons.I am having trouble getting another block but it would easier to get a 5sfe engine and fit a sc7 451 cp piston kit and try to rebuild using my original parts I.E eagle rods to the 5sfe crank. Is this possible ????
Would the head fit straight on and what year engine would i require for instance.
Any HELP would be greatly recieved.
Many Thanks
Hutch

·
Registered
9 Posts
NATE: how much did it cost to do your setup? I've been on the phone with DON at Burien and on the edge of spending $2500, but seems like its a better deal going DIY kit. Was hoping not to have to drill into the Oil pan. Is there a way around that?

·
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
my kit cost way more that that - but it has WAY more features that burien puts out... i am really not the person to talk to for a budget setup on the 5s turbo... but you will want more than what burien gives you imo...
- if you are going to run an intercooler, the intercooler and custom piping etc. can be a large task
- engine management
- tuning
- gauges
- list goes on... all of that stuff will add up well outside their initial kit costs, but that is just me, and i didn't try and budget the project surrounding that work...

as far as getting around the oil pan - if you want to return your oil, i don't know how to get around something like that hehe, you need to shoot it back into the pan to tapping it is necessary

·
Registered
90 celica gt
4 Posts
I live in missouri as well and im turboing a 5sfe. Im buying and engine and going all out full race set up. I just need some small things and advice and your page has been very helpful! what is the most hp you have seen or heard of from the 5ste?

·
Registered
1995 Toyota Camry LE
6 Posts
What Grade of fuel are you guys runing in turbo cam's, I'm asking because I just use 87octane in my N/A car but have the part to boost it and was wondering if you guys are using 89octane or greater to control koncking in the motor since they are more stable fuels and less like to have detanation occur in the combustion chamber.

I did buy a CT-26 turbo and now I need a wastegate, has anybody that built their turbo camry with an external wastegate and if so how big is the valve? I'm only look at putting in about 5lbs of boost.

Question for the amazing Nate, I have a greddy emange ultimate was wondering if you would be willing to part with your A/F data that you have accumulated on the dyno?

fishman said:
can u trubo a V6 camry?
you can but it won't be easy, car domain has a couple of V6 camry's that have been turbocharged.

Use this --->
:slap:

·
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #90 (Edited)
Sadisticsix said:
I live in missouri as well and im turboing a 5sfe. Im buying and engine and going all out full race set up. I just need some small things and advice and your page has been very helpful! what is the most hp you have seen or heard of from the 5ste?

i have seen some MR2's with some nice numbers... there is a celica running around the boards with around 230whp @ 13psi on a ct-27 and 3 inch pipe...

once all of my new tuning is worked out, i will hit the dyno again and see what kind of numbers i can get... nothing to stellar but i am hoping that on a dyno run with around 8psi i could get 190whp+ but don't quote me on that... just the hopes, we will see in the months to come what the truth is :)

·
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #91 (Edited)
wll1rah said:
What Grade of fuel are you guys runing in turbo cam's, I'm asking because I just use 87octane in my N/A car but have the part to boost it and was wondering if you guys are using 89octane or greater to control koncking in the motor since they are more stable fuels and less like to have detanation occur in the combustion chamber.

I run 93 octane on the camry... I go to a mobil whenever I can, especially since my apartment is across the street from one, and I trust their gas...

wll1rah said:
I did buy a CT-26 turbo and now I need a wastegate, has anybody that built their turbo camry with an external wastegate and if so how big is the valve? I'm only look at putting in about 5lbs of boost.
ct-26 has an internal WG... so you should not need an external setup, 97camryman had a writeup on how to adjust the ct-26 wg setting...
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t126750.html
a custom manifold could be made, if desired, with a flange for an external WG... you would fabricate that to whatever size you want also

wll1rah said:
Question for the amazing Nate, I have a greddy emange ultimate was wondering if you would be willing to part with your A/F data that you have accumulated on the dyno?
My dyno tune is SHIT on the car - so we are working things out on the streets now... I don't know if the emanage ultimate has the same files as the blue, but once my tuning is done and everything works out - I might look into selling my fuel/timing settings - not to be a dick or anything, but it has taken a lot of money and now lots of time to get everything dialed in, so I would not exactly want to "give away" all that work... I haven't really thought about it much, we will see how the tuning ends up in the next couple of weeks anyways... :)

·
Lex Zues!
95 Camry
4,900 Posts
Same thing here. Id be willing to sell my data file for 460cc injectors on the emanage ultimate for some money. But seeing how I spent $450 on a tune and then just giving it away, i cant do that.

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
There are some coolant lines around the throttle body on the 5sfe you could use.

81 - 100 of 119 Posts