Toyota Nation Forum banner

101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Unless you live in Alaska, just take the coolant lines running to the throttle body and disconnect them from the trhrottle body. Then reconnect them to the turbo. Plug up the throttle body lines. The coolant lines to the throttle body prevent freezing up of the throttle body in very cold weather they dont actually cool it. They actually warm it up since engine "coolant" is actually very hot it is hot enough to burn you anyways. There needs to be some heat in the intake charge to aid in fuel atomization. Too cold is just as bad as too warm. Anyways, the added heat of the turbo will make up for no heated throttlebody anymore so just take both lines off throttle body and plug it up, then plug both lines back into the two coolant fittings on the turbo. Thats it. 3SGTE

On the 5SFE

·
PICKLE GANGSTER
3,191 Posts
Whens the TRP kit due out? My money is getting itchy....

If it looks like it going to be later than this month i'll just wait till christmas to get it and spend the money i have now on some new stuff. Damn my impatience.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,955 Posts
here is another write up i found

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=5574

also the 7mgte compressor housing and center can be mounted to the 3sgte exhaust housing. they go together perfectly.

it is refered to as a stage 0 upgrade.

http://www.alltrac.net/tuning/turbo.html

i'm in the process of boosting the 92 and have been looking for an mr2 housing and finally found one. and it fit perfectly. i did it all by mistake the turbo spooled up fine and made boost quickly. i can't wait till i get the dp finished

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've been reading this thread and yesterday I was talking to a buddy from work and he has a T3/T4 hybrid, turbo XS BOV, an intercooler, 4 autometer guages and a bunch of other misc things all new in box. The car it was going on burnt to the ground before install and now he wants to sell all for $500. The manifold, down pipe and intercooler pipes are for an Acura motor so they would be useless but the turbo and other universal stuff has my interest. Do you guys think $500 is a fair price and would the T3/T4 be too much? It has a plate on the turbo that says .63 and .57 if I remember correctly. I may be able to get pics on Tuesday when I go beack to work. Should I get it even if I just sit on the parts for a few months?

·
Registered
1995 Toyota Camry LE
6 Posts
diengcamry said:
I've been reading this thread and yesterday I was talking to a buddy from work and he has a T3/T4 hybrid, turbo XS BOV, an intercooler, 4 autometer guages and a bunch of other misc things all new in box. The car it was going on burnt to the ground before install and now he wants to sell all for $500. The manifold, down pipe and intercooler pipes are for an Acura motor so they would be useless but the turbo and other universal stuff has my interest. Do you guys think $500 is a fair price and would the T3/T4 be too much? It has a plate on the turbo that says .63 and .57 if I remember correctly. I may be able to get pics on Tuesday when I go beack to work. Should I get it even if I just sit on the parts for a few months?
Yeah it should be worth it, but depending on how much boost you plan on runing anything over 8psi and you willn't be producing boost until about 2000 rpm. The downpipe should be used because it probably matches the exhaust side of the turbo. You should also factor in the cost of a new cat because the you probably don't want to use one off of the 3sgte, meaning you'll need a flange to make it work. If your using a 3sgte exhaust manifold you'll also need a flange to join turbo to the manifold.

·
PICKLE GANGSTER
3,191 Posts
wll1rah said:
Yeah it should be worth it, but depending on how much boost you plan on runing anything over 8psi and you willn't be producing boost until about 2000 rpm. The downpipe should be used because it probably matches the exhaust side of the turbo. You should also factor in the cost of a new cat because the you probably don't want to use one off of the 3sgte, meaning you'll need a flange to make it work. If your using a 3sgte exhaust manifold you'll also need a flange to join turbo to the manifold.

First off, you can't use even the stock 3sgte downpipe, so one off a completely different car is out of the question. The cat should come with the custom exhaust you will hopefully be getting to help it breathe better, so no flange needed. And as for the manifold flange, you can either go custom or just get one of the aftermarket t3/t4 flanges. They are readily available, some even come with a wastegate mount. But for 500 dollars, i would just pick it all up, you can save enough money just there to custom fab the parts you need to make it work.

·
PICKLE GANGSTER
3,191 Posts
On a completely random note, does anyone know when the TRP turbo is due? They are getting close to having one for the TC done, but i have heard no word of a gen 3 camry. I am getting close enough to show dates to start to worry that i will have to pull the trigger on my own setup that i had planned. It will just take more effort then i wanted to source the parts. Hurry TRP!

·
Registered
472 Posts
theamazingnate said:
ct-26 has an internal WG... so you should not need an external setup, 97camryman had a writeup on how to adjust the ct-26 wg setting...
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t126750.html
a custom manifold could be made, if desired, with a flange for an external WG... you would fabricate that to whatever size you want also
Hey by the way I redid my exhaust one day cause I was bored, Straight 3 inch dp with 2.5 inch back, 2 90 degree bends, straight thru muffler, no cat and I was boosting 10psi! I removed the wastegate actuator completely and now run the flapper wide open and it still spools up at 2500 rpms and boosts to 8psi at redline! I need to do something about it but it runs so nice that I am leaving it that way for now. It seems in OBD2 the car pulls timing on its own based on knock sensor. I am running 12.1 a/f flat across the boards tapering off to 11:1 at redline in 3rd gear on the street. No Knock, no loss in compression after thousands of boosted miles! Screw all that though I am dropping in a 3sgte now! But yeah Nathan you should add my setup to the turbo setups at the front of the sticky!

-Walbro 255lph fuel pump
-Custom -6AN fuel return line Russell and Earls fittings
-Tomei fuel rail adapter
-Aeromotive 1:1 fuel pressure regulator
-Supra 7M-GE 315cc injectors cleaned and balanced
-NGK BKR-7ES-11 spark plugs
-Toyota CT26 turbo rebuilt w/ ceramic compressor wheel
-Toyota 3SGTE turbo manifold
-Custom heat shield
-Custom waste-gate actuator for 5-6 psi
-Custom aluminum charge piping
-Front mount intercooler
-K&N air filter
-Custom 3 inch stainless steel downpipe
-Dynojet wideband O2 with laptop interface
-Custom 2.5 inch exhaust
-Magnaflow high flow cat
-Apexi SAFC2
-Autometer sport comp boost gauge
-Autometer sport comp oil pressure gauge
-Custom oil feed and drain lines
-HKS SSQV blow off valve
-ACT heavy duty clutch kit
-Oil catch can
-Tapped stock oil pan
-Mobil 1 full synthetic oil
-Unorthodox Racing underdrive pulley
-Deleted AC
-Deleted Cruise control
-Deleted balance shaft assembly

·
Registered
1995 Toyota Camry LE
6 Posts
Rdizzle said:
First off, you can't use even the stock 3sgte downpipe, so one off a completely different car is out of the question. The cat should come with the custom exhaust you will hopefully be getting to help it breathe better, so no flange needed. And as for the manifold flange, you can either go custom or just get one of the aftermarket t3/t4 flanges. They are readily available, some even come with a wastegate mount. But for 500 dollars, i would just pick it all up, you can save enough money just there to custom fab the parts you need to make it work.
If he buys it and has listened to you then he'll be very sorry.

·
Camryshowoff97
97 Camry
92 Posts
I read alot of these posts, Would the motor out of a 3rd generation camry bolt up to a 4th gen camry both motors are the 5S but i wasnt sure if it would work due to the OBDII being in my 4th gen. I know someone with a 3rd gen turbo 5S and im gonna be trying to buy it off of him when he does a motor swap. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Question

I have been reading about using the 5sfe to turbo and have came across a few questions. As far as getting forged pistons and connecting rods can i get then for a 3sgte seems how they are the same block? It is going into my 1999 toy camry! What transmission will bolt directly in without modification?

·
Registered
2 Posts
sticky this separately from the ultimate sticky

good job hamsterman
While researching the 3S-GTE it seems as if the motor mounts (from a 5SFE or 1MZFE) are in the proper location without modification to fit the 3S-GTE or is the Gen 2 with the stock 3S-GE an 'OEM' fit with the 3S-GTE? I have some thoughts in the back of my mind to one day build a track monster

101 - 119 of 119 Posts