Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to turn off the maintenance required light on a 2009 corolla LE. I tried looking in the manual but it doesn't tell me how.

Thanks!

·
Banned
241 Posts
put the key in the ignition, and then push and hold the odometer button, and turn the key to ON

You will see a bunch of dashes come up on the odometer, keep holding it until the light goes out :)

·
Registered
08 Camry
217 Posts
the above procedure is correct but you may need to try it while the TRIP A odometer in in the display if it does not work as above.

·
Magnetic Grey
Corolla 09
241 Posts
Yes and also (if you didn't do these yet) open your hood and change the oil filter and oil and check the air filter and rotate the tires and such cuz that's what your car is trying to tell you.. I don't have my own garage and tools so I just took it to the dealer..

·
Registered
Mitsubishi Evo IX
8 Posts
a code reader/eraser should take care of it also right??

·
Registered
Mitsubishi Evo IX
8 Posts
oh ok....just checking, we dont have maint lights on mitsu....

thanks

·
Registered
2009 Corolla Xrs
383 Posts
^NO! 'Check engine' and 'maint required' lights are two different things.
oh ok....just checking
Haha, that was a harsh answer! Yes, the CEL and maintenance required lights on our Corollas mean different things. When the maintenance light comes on, it's to remind grandma that the oil needs to be changed. When the CEL comes on... well, you broke something, lol.

And welcome to the forums! (because I haven't seen you yet :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
the above procedure is correct but you may need to try it while the TRIP A odometer in in the display if it does not work as above.
Axxis is correct: to reset the "Maint Req" light in the 2009 Corolla, the TRIP A odometer must be chosen before turning the key off. Then depress the trip odometer button and hold it before and after turning the key back on (but not starting the motor).
With the trip odometer button still pressed, a series of dashes will appear, followed by several zeroes. The Maint Req light will now be off.

For comparison:
-our '05 Camry requires the main odometer to be selected
-our '03 Corolla necessitates momentary disconnection of the battery ground

1 - 11 of 11 Posts