There are several posts on TN -- and other forums -- describing how to turn off those @#$% seat belt warning buzzers on Toyotas in general... but has anyone tried it on their TCH and gotten it to work?!?
Some folks on another forum (www.greenhybrid.com
) tried the so-called "consensus instructions" (see below), but only one person has claimed success so far. It looks like the Toyota guys did something different this year, or at least with the TCH (given the multi-info display, perhaps?).
Has anyone had any luck? If so, how did you deviate from the instructions below to make it work in the end?
(1) Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (note: that's "ON", not "READY", so with the foot OFF the brake pedal).
(2) Press the ODO/TRIP switch until the odometer displays "ODO".
(3) Turn the ignition switch off.
(4) Turn the ignition switch to the ON position again.
(5) Press the ODO/TRIP switch immediately (within 6 seconds or as soon as the chimes go off) and hold it down for 10 seconds or more (note: some people swore by waiting for longer, up to 45 secs).
(6) Continue holding down the ODO/TRIP switch and fasten the driver side seat belt (note: some folks claim you have to both buckle AND unbuckle)
(7) Check that the odometer displays either "b-on" or "b-oFF".
(8) Press the ODO/TRIP switch to change the display to "b-oFF".
(9) Turn the ignition switch off.
(10)Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
(11)Check that no buzzer sounds.