Toyota Nation Forum banner

How to turn off seat belt warning buzzer?

71929 41
There are several posts on TN -- and other forums -- describing how to turn off those @#$% seat belt warning buzzers on Toyotas in general... but has anyone tried it on their TCH and gotten it to work?!?

Some folks on another forum (www.greenhybrid.com) tried the so-called "consensus instructions" (see below), but only one person has claimed success so far. It looks like the Toyota guys did something different this year, or at least with the TCH (given the multi-info display, perhaps?).

Has anyone had any luck? If so, how did you deviate from the instructions below to make it work in the end?

Thanks,

- HybridFan

----------------------

(1) Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (note: that's "ON", not "READY", so with the foot OFF the brake pedal).
(2) Press the ODO/TRIP switch until the odometer displays "ODO".
(3) Turn the ignition switch off.
(4) Turn the ignition switch to the ON position again.
(5) Press the ODO/TRIP switch immediately (within 6 seconds or as soon as the chimes go off) and hold it down for 10 seconds or more (note: some people swore by waiting for longer, up to 45 secs).
(6) Continue holding down the ODO/TRIP switch and fasten the driver side seat belt (note: some folks claim you have to both buckle AND unbuckle)
(7) Check that the odometer displays either "b-on" or "b-oFF".
(8) Press the ODO/TRIP switch to change the display to "b-oFF".
(9) Turn the ignition switch off.

(10)Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
(11)Check that no buzzer sounds.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
its quiet :) it works on Auris from 2008

just wait longer than described and it works with the Auris, I needed sth over 45sec, nearly a minute until it worked. I had to release the Reset-button to switch ODO to "B - ON". So if it did not work with 45 sec just try a minute and release then again. should work. No Brake, Doors closed. :thumbsup:

auris_hh

----------------------

(1) Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (note: that's "ON", not "READY", so with the foot OFF the brake pedal).
(5) Press the ODO/TRIP switch immediately (within 6 seconds or as soon as the chimes go off) and hold it down for 10 seconds or more (note: some people swore by waiting for longer, up to 45 secs).
(6) Continue holding down the ODO/TRIP switch and fasten the driver side seat belt (note: some folks claim you have to both buckle AND unbuckle)

· Registered
3 Posts
There are several posts on TN -- and other forums -- describing how to turn off those @#$% seat belt warning buzzers on Toyotas in general... but has anyone tried it on their TCH and gotten it to work?!?

Some folks on another forum (www.greenhybrid.com) tried the so-called "consensus instructions" (see below), but only one person has claimed success so far. It looks like the Toyota guys did something different this year, or at least with the TCH (given the multi-info display, perhaps?).

Has anyone had any luck? If so, how did you deviate from the instructions below to make it work in the end?

Thanks,

- HybridFan

----------------------

hi
on my car (camry 2007 xle v6)
not working:confused::confused::confused::confused:

· Registered
561 Posts
So for 2012 TCH, there's no DIY instructions on turning buzzer off, right ?

Please confirm.

I think Manual says you can ask dealer to do it on the 2012 TCH (turning off the buzzer).
But many dealers will tell you, no can do, cause they don't know. But show them the manual then they'll have to do it. They have to use techstream software, I believe.

· Registered
1,037 Posts
So for 2012 TCH, there's no DIY instructions on turning buzzer off, right ?

Please confirm.......
Correct. At least I have not seen anyone report they did it without the dealer. Did you try instructions above on your 2012 TCH? I'm not interested in doing this to my car, so I have not.

· Super Moderator
9,926 Posts
don't waste time, it does not work. It's for cars with keys. You can not

Because with power button, there is no way to turn it to ON position, and then back to OFF position, bypassing Start mode. Button does not go in reverse.

· Registered
1,037 Posts
Another low tech alternative below. $3.55 on Ebay.

:dunno: What is that? :confused: .......... oh, I get it, but I'll leave it for the next person to figure out as a challenge :) . What a brilliant solution!

· Registered
1,037 Posts
TRD's looks good too.

Is that a TRD logo copyright violation or does Toyota really support disabling safety feature of the car, I wonder :lol:.

I'd get the TRD version so Mrs. Oz feels the 0.5 hp gain from it vs the generic unmarked version :).

· Registered
561 Posts
I believe they use Techstream Professional version.
Techstream lite won't do it, I don't think.
There's another higher version that will reprogram the ECU, your smart keys, etc but you have to be a certified locksmith, I think.

In any case, the Toyota dealer has access to the software.

· Registered
561 Posts
Every morning, I drop Mrs.Oz off at work and she has to sort of jump out at the curb so she gets ready by taking off seat belt as we approach where she has to jump out. That thing would buzz and buzz.

So... I bought two of the seatbelt buzzer cancellor but I got the extension type, the ones that I don't have to take on and off.
Now I can just plug in the seat belt and take it off whenever I want.

Got a few other things too. :)

· Registered
10 Posts
After reading the suggestions on this forum, I purchased a set of the carbon fiber seat belt inserts from the ebay seller "twinborn" (same inserts shown in photos in earlier posts in this thread). Just got them in the mail today, but, alas, they do not work on the 2012 Camry Hybrid seat belt buckles. The insert design apparently is not compatible with the TCH buckle. Specifically, they do not "snap" into position when you insert the metal end into the buckle. Dont know why. Maybe not long enough or they just arent designed in a way that is compatible with the buckle. If you compare the buckle already in the car with the carbon fiber insert, they are close, but not exactley the same.

Just thought I'd pass this along. At least they arent that expensive, so I'm not out too much money. I'm now considering buying the "buckle" style insert shown in the photo in the post just before this one.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.