Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the rear seats in the Solara don't fold down, and I don't see an easy way to access the main cabin from the trunk. I know people have installed back up cameras, but it seems no one has documented this or shared exactly HOW they ran that wire! Once I'm in the cabin, I can easily route the wire under the plastic moldings, but I need to figure out how to GET THERE from the trunk. Preferably without routing outside or drilling holes. Any ideas?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remove the seats, drill, you do what you gotta do.
Dang, so all of us with cameras drilled into the metal behind the seats? I see some wiring that I'm trying to follow but it doesn't appear to go into the cabin anywhere that I can see. Bottom of the seat looks like it comes out pretty easily, the back not so much. Wish I could find a video or even pictures for inspiration, I've never drilled through anything in my car that wasn't plastic moldings before. 😬

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
14,689 Posts
Dang, so all of us with cameras drilled into the metal behind the seats? I see some wiring that I'm trying to follow but it doesn't appear to go into the cabin anywhere that I can see. Bottom of the seat looks like it comes out pretty easily, the back not so much. Wish I could find a video or even pictures for inspiration, I've never drilled through anything in my car that wasn't plastic moldings before. 😬
Just gotta do what you gotta do. Whether that is drilling or removing the seats. I'd attempt to remove the seats.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts